PDA

View Full Version : mental ray problem

nidagal
11-02-2004, 09:59 AM
hi guys, i wanted to know how i could render painteffects (visor) in mental ray..
i have added some flowers to a vase using visor and when i render it in mental ray its not getting rendered... how to get mental ray to render that ?

and also how do i reduce the intensity of shadows in a scene....
basically i have added a light for a scene (tube light) and in real life these lights dont give dark shadows but very light ones.. how do i get this effect from lights in maya....

and also is there any way if i could include/exclude an object to cast shadows...

thanx for all the help

nidagal

Dr. Ira Kane
11-02-2004, 10:34 AM
You can render paintFX with mental ray by converting them to polys or by using a plugin from PROVIDE3D - HERE (http://www.provide3d.com/), cheers!

Randolph
11-02-2004, 10:35 AM
#1: Follow Dr. Kane's advice.

#2: One single light (with no fill lights or global illumination) will always cause more or less black shadows. You can brighten the shadow's colour by opening the Attribute Editor of your light.

#3: Select your object, open its Attribute Editor and go Render Stats > (uncheck) Cast Shadows.

nidagal
11-03-2004, 01:12 AM
thanx guys for all your help

nidagal

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 05:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.