PDA

View Full Version : built in perspective lines

weeetiki
11-01-2004, 06:08 PM
I came across this cool thing that has a floating layer of perspective guide lines thru canvas -> persective grids -> display

But it seems like it only has a one point perspective, is there a way for it to display 2 point or 3 points? Thanks.

Jinbrown
11-01-2004, 10:06 PM
Hi,

Nope, it's a one point perspective grid and cumbersome to use at that.

Phil Williams' ( eyewoo's ) clever but simple one point perspective grid is much more useful and a lot easier to use. It can be moved around above your image to place the vanishing point wherever you want it, and... it can be used for two point perspective.

If you make this perspective grid (black lines on a white background with a red dot... or, as Phil does it, red crosshairs... at the vanishing point), you can make two copies, place the copies on individual Layers, and scale as needed (horizontally if the image is wide, vertically if the image is tall), then move the red vanishing points where you need them for two point perspective (for instance, at the outer edges of the image to form a horizon line and radiating perspective lines).

Since the perspective grid will be black lines on a white background, change the two Layers' Composite Methods to Gel (Photoshop Blending Mode, Multiply) to make the white background transparent.

To make the perspective grids less distracting, lower the Layers' opacity then work on other Layers dragged down the Layers list below the perspective grid Layers.

NOTES:

Lock the perspective grid Layers so they won't accidentally be moved or painted.

Be sure to keep your original perspective grid so you can copy it again later, scale it, duplicate it, and use it however you like for another image.

Read Phil's Photoshop tutorial, easily translated for use in Painter (http://www.eyewoo.com/display.ezb.php?mnElm=21&which=2&direc=ezb.tutorials&noInit=0&u=3&sub=ezb.tutorials/tut_05/content.html&title=unused)

weeetiki
11-01-2004, 10:15 PM
doh... thanks for the link, I never thought of it like that :o. I'll try it out.

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 07:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.