PDA

View Full Version : Question on animating....

dickma
11-01-2004, 04:57 PM
I have a character that is wearing a swimming glasses, that is sticking tight to his head, and it is using a weightmap and bone that is the same to his head.

Now I would like the character that he is removing his swimming glasses but the swimming glasses' back is still sticking to his back of his head, and lateron his glasses is stick to his forehead.

This is the question: Can I create a null, that can control a part of the vertexes of the swimming glasses, so I can animate a group of vertexes by moving a null. I would like not to change the bone setup or change the weightmap.

Thankyou.

kretin
11-02-2004, 03:56 AM
It would be easiest to give the part of the goggles that move their own weight map, then add a child bone to the head bone with that weight map assigned. That way any existing animation will be retained, and you can move the child (goggle) bone whenever or wherever you need to.

If you really wanna do it using a null and no change to the weights, you could try Sock Monkey and a vertex selection set.

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 07:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.