PDA

View Full Version : compression when using tv out ??

Stimpy
11-01-2004, 02:22 PM
hi

im using the tv out of my geforce4 ti to watch videos on my tv. thing is though, the picture on my tv looks a lot shittier than on my computer screen, that is i can see bad artifacts and stuff, especially in the blacks, like really really bad jpg compression. i dont see those on my computer screen, though i wouldve assumed it to be the other way around since tv normally blurs the image a bit.

is this normal ? is there a setting somewhere for that ? is it my cable ? or whatever is that ?

Thalaxis
11-01-2004, 06:52 PM
Could you provide a bit more info, like OS version and which application you're using?

It sounds like you might have a settings issue; you can set the color depth and resolution independently for each monitor, at least with win2K or later. What the settings will default to depends on your graphics driver, it might be that it's set to 256 colors instead of 32 million (as it should be), or something along those lines.

And it could simply be nothing more than a crappy movie player application, that just THINKS you have a 256 color display. :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 06:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.