PDA

View Full Version : Character (but who?)

Maya4fun
11-01-2004, 12:56 PM
Hi folks!!
I'm working on a personal character, name? >>"Who?" i explain why this strange name. This is because actually i have no reference for him at this time.
I research a style for him like a Final Fantasy Chronicles character on gamecube ( :p only that !!!), especially like "clavat male". I searching, but not found design or something like this, if you have a site for me with this style of design character, i'm taking.:)

Anyway, in the picture you see the first part i modeling : the head > 588tris (that does not resemble yet so i want but I think the geometrie is good.)
I'll hope you like it first part and need advice for the body (like design?):) .

What did you think about it?

Maya4fun
11-02-2004, 08:55 AM
Ok, i have found some sketches.. :p
i'm not happy with this face (it is not enough young). I've cure at this.
Now i'm happy with this new face, more round and young now. :)
Not defined the hair actually.

Maya4fun
11-02-2004, 10:23 AM
Starting body!!
Oh, for this character the polycount are equal at 2000/2500 tris (I'll hope)..

Maya4fun
11-02-2004, 12:54 PM
More 200 regards and no post???? (+^+).
I'll post my last update work, i'm at 1780 tris at this time.
I think something are not correct on geometry but why? If you have an advice for me, thanks.

chadtheartist
11-02-2004, 01:35 PM
The face looks like it is too far forward. Try moving it back a bit, and see if that helps. Other than that, the model looks pretty good to me. The jacket arms are a bit thick, but I don't know what you have planned as far as rigging is concerned so they may not be off.

Hope this helps. :D

Maya4fun
11-02-2004, 02:14 PM
Thanks for feedback chadtheartist.

Maya4fun
11-03-2004, 06:36 PM
Hello there,
i've been working on the skin texture (i'll try :shrug: ).
Oh, and i'll post reference for this character (but it's just reference i don't try to make the same thing completely).

Maya4fun
11-08-2004, 02:34 PM
Ok, i have adjusting the parameters of colors and advancing in the work texture..
After i add accessories (like back bag etcetc.)

WesleyTack
11-08-2004, 06:34 PM
looking really nice, the face/hair reminded me of astroboy, keep up the good work

Maya4fun
11-09-2004, 01:05 PM
Thank you for compliment!!
Update >>

ill_logic
11-09-2004, 03:28 PM
please don't take this in a nasty way, but the profile of his face sticks out almost like a monkey's would; with the sloping forehead & protruding jaw & cheeks. i understand that you're not going for a carbon copy of the original but the face is kind of oddly shaped as it is now. other than that the proportions look pretty good & the texture looks like it's coming along. keep it going!
-J

Maya4fun
11-09-2004, 05:03 PM
Thanks for this good critics ill_logic and working in this direction..
I'll post a "test slim" :p for face and an lil' advance on texture work.Don't pay attention at the hairs, i'll change that.. What did you think about general "lifting" of character?

PS : and in last place (pic 3), the final work for face (only morphology not hair :p).

Maya4fun
11-12-2004, 07:49 AM
Slowly but surely, an update for the hand, BUT, for the feet i think he need more faces..

BananaSalat
11-12-2004, 03:16 PM
I think the head needs more contrast

Maya4fun
11-13-2004, 02:44 PM
BananaSalat : Maybe this is because it's in self illum.. ;)
I have changing a lot of detail for hairs (not textured actually) and a back bag (not textured too ;p ). Actually i'm at 2018 triangles for all, it's correct i think. I have a lil' pb with the feet but i work on it!!
voilą..

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 06:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.