PDA

View Full Version : Grand Space Opera 3D Entry: Andrei Savu

Andrei2k
11-01-2004, 03:39 AM
Andrei Savu has entered the Grand Space Opera 3D.

New to challenges but not cgtalk. I hope that it will be a pleasant experience and I know that with the great ammount of talent here it should keep me on my toes. Good luck to everyone and highest respect for contributing to each others entries.

My idea is being finalized between a diptich or triptich and I shall have the 'story' and sketches up soon.

Andrei2k
11-01-2004, 06:52 PM
Ok so i am finalizing my story so in order to get some input here goes....

The long battle over galactic territories between the ASTRAL REGALIA and MAGNUS AUTOMATONS is reaching an end with the approaching of the "Declaria Pacificator" A.K.A a treaty signing to end the ceturies of war.

Leader of the AR is an empress that is pregnant with the successor of the throne. These people are a technologically advanced greco-roman style society.
Leader of the MA is a the solestice of his hybrid magical/machinic society.

First epic moment = The gathering of officials watching on from a large room overlooking the city (think inside space needle) and two leaders of each race in the foreground about to sign the treaty. The problem is that the empress is slouched in her chair lifeless as we realize that a minute prior to signing she has been poisoned by one of the servants as sabottage to prevent Declaria Pacificator from happening.

Second epic moment = As a symbol of good faith and to save the empresses unborn child both peoples work together to forcefully give birth to the new emperor. He is a symbol and cultivation of both peoples and his life itself is a symbol of maintaining peace between these two races.

If theres a way to condense everything into one image I would def love that. So I am totally open to ideas. I want the feel of the image to be similar to a classic greek tragedy only on a much larger galactic scale.

I am narrowing down the sketches and will post them soon.

Andrei2k
11-02-2004, 08:37 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/5002/5002_1099427821_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/5002/5002_1099427821_large.jpg)

Still would like input on my concept whether 2 images for those two scenes I described would work....or if I should just pick one if it's 'epic' enough.

This is a 3d sketch of the look of the scene.

RaresH
11-03-2004, 06:54 AM
First off, this concept has a lot of potential since it is a refreshing departure from the usual scenes of conflict..of which i am guilty of depicting myself. all the elements you have included to include in your image here; Main Characters, Secondary Characters, audience and cultural elements if used correctly to envoke a desired reaction, can be a great success.

Since you are using Humanoids, consider their espressions and actions very carfully along with lighting, and composition. To start off, draw some more sketches to better aquaint yourself with your composition and characters. Try drawing and painting your sketches along side your 3-d sketches untill you are confortable enough to select and impliment your final concept.

IMHO, Reference that runs along the lines of what you have in your minds eye in terms of lighting and scene, composition and subject matter is always best when considering such a complex illustration. Look at illustrations and paintings of today and from the past that depicts similar subject matter. Paintings of the Renaissance might depict such scenes.

The Characters in your illustration have interesting postures role with that and design around them as they are the main characters. My guess is you've already considered adding many more characters in your scene. Consider their reactions and gestures Vary their posture and expressions vis-avi their factions and positions. A villain(s) should be another primary character to consider. Again, the reactions of the characters within the scene will most likey be what communicates the importance and urgency of this event. Some characters farther forward to enhance depth would also help create a dinamic composition.

Good luck! I'll be watching this one.

vrhead
11-03-2004, 07:02 AM
very unique poisoning out in the open =)

roctavian
11-03-2004, 04:48 PM
Nice concept idea, but I think it`s to static. The area for the space background is too little, and the central stage to big. Remember, in this challenge is about huge spaces. The two central characters attitude is dramatic enought, but take care with the background. Somehow, I`ll have to tie the background with the two central charaxcters.
Good luck Andrei si multa multa bafta!!!

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 07:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.