PDA

View Full Version : anybody working on a car racing title for new gen consoles?

endseason
02-06-2002, 03:29 PM
actually i planned to prepare some cars for my portfolio and i need some details about models in new gen consoles racing title, here my questions:

how many polys for a complete car?
how many polys for a wheel?
average amount of polys dedicated to the inside of the car and driver?

thank u.

fozz
02-09-2002, 06:10 AM
I'm about to start working on a nexgen racing game at work.
We started testmodelling the cars, and they sure look good.
I hope I may start modelling next week or so, I'm eager to boot up Lightwave.
We haven't decided on the polycount just yet, but we belive it will be around 12-16k polys for the whole outside body. The wheels use quite alot of those polys.

Anyway, it's not tested and decided yet, so I can't say much more right now.

endseason
02-14-2002, 04:47 AM
http://www.omniacomputers.it/paolo/ritual/stuntcar.gif

thanks for the reply, 15/16 k seems to be a very high polys budget,for what platform are u going?

this is the car i started ...i fixed a limit at about 2500/3000 polys fo rthe outside. actually it is very low... need the time :)

Piz
02-15-2002, 07:34 PM
Rapallo!!!!!!!:p

Io lavoro a Chiavari.... vabb che piccolo il mondo!:D

Non credevo che bisognasse scriversi tramite un portale di SF pur essendo a pochi Km di distanza.... ah ah ah! :D

Trecision? :cool:

Ciao
Piz :)

Daniel
02-17-2002, 05:46 AM
Thats my topic :D

15-16k polys is not that much today! A PC (1gh with Geforce 2) have no problem with that polycount.

Even Need for Speed (5) "Porsche" use arround 7k for ONE Car, and YES U can open the doors/trunks etc. That's something U find not often (hat U can open doors) Maybe in Carmagedon :p

One more, need for speed 4 had Models with arround 2k polys. But U also can go to 5k polys...it depend on your computer!

And Yes the most polys are used for the wheels :mad:

I would like to use that polys for other parts :rolleyes:

Letz see waht the future brings...maybe 60k for a Car....Yuppiii :D

Cya.

sick.boy
03-05-2002, 05:03 AM
ma che bello, pare che ce ne siano non pochi di italiani qua... :D

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 01:39 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.