PDA

View Full Version : Hercules 9800XT 526MB

Halford
10-31-2004, 08:33 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm having looking around the net and I'm getting confused.
I bought the Hercules 9800XT256MB, very good and very happy with it.
Now for the drivers...I've seen post that says to keep with the Hercules drivers, and others who says that ATI native are better and at last, some says that the Omega drivers are the best.

what do you think, did you tried them? have you some advices? I use mainly 3D max 6 on my machine...and I'm a bit disappointed as while working it slow down on views.

thank you for your help and advice, it's much appreciated.

Hal.

Simon
10-31-2004, 08:59 PM
When it comes to drivers its hard to say. You will have to bench mark it yourself.

Many people swear on custom drivers, but these are usually optimised for realtime gaming or other uses.

Get a program called powerstrip. It allows you to tweak your video cards settings, and overclock it a little too.

UnrealSnowman
11-01-2004, 04:10 PM
I use a 9700 pro card but at the same time have patched it to a FireGL card - Unlocking some of the raw OpenGL power! While installing, it asks to install 3dsmax drivers (I don't use 3dsmax) but the drivers should give nice features and quality inside 3dsmax. In the control panel you'll have access to optimiced settings for a bunch of 2d/3d/video-apps.

I don't know if the same trick works on the larger cards, but do a Search on FreeFireGL and test it out.

Ohh.. I use the drivers from www.ati.com (with the small/old config-panel) - No tweaked/betas for me, no! ;)

Enjoy :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 06:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.