PDA

View Full Version : Brush spacing

Marcel
10-31-2004, 03:35 PM
When I use a small brush to draw a stroke really fast, instead of a connected line I get a series of dots. Is there a 'spacing' setting like in Photoshop which controls how precise the stroke is?

Thanks in advance :)

marciani
10-31-2004, 05:02 PM
Me too, with the small size.......:sad:
Bye
Leo

Trog
10-31-2004, 05:08 PM
I wonder if increasing memory would help? Or quitting other programs running in the background.

aminuts
11-02-2004, 06:52 AM
Hi marcel....

i get the same effect when using my pen. You can try the mouse and see if it does a little better or you can drawa bit slower.

but try going to the strokes menu and turning up the mouse averaging. I can usually get away with setting it to 2 but sometimes I have to set it a little higher.

That should help eliminate that dots effect in your stroke.

Marcel
11-02-2004, 08:14 PM
Nope, the mouse averaging doesn't do the trick. I've used both the Wacom tablet and a normal mouse, no luck with either :(

chadtheartist
11-02-2004, 08:32 PM
Have you tried hiding some of the geometry to see if it's a CPU performance issue? What I do when I can't edit with the brush, ie the bumps, I usually move to the deco brush in Projection Master.

Maybe those two ideas will help you?

spedX
11-02-2004, 09:33 PM
When I use a small brush to draw a stroke really fast, instead of a connected line I get a series of dots. Is there a 'spacing' setting like in Photoshop which controls how precise the stroke is?

Thanks in advance :) i would recamened not to set the draw less then 3
on top you have stroke
set the stroke to free hand
it allso has (stroke spacing) set it to 00
set your mouse average up a bit
might allso set your intensity up high.

this isnt for Wacom tablets im just answering the quote

maxxx1138
11-29-2004, 05:38 PM
Hey,

You have a memory issue here. There are a couple of ways to fix this:

You can hide areas you are not working on. Use shift/ctrl and draw a box aroudn the area you wanna isolate to work on. This increases performance and usually does the trick if you hide enough polys.

Or, you can draw much slower.

Hope this helps,

-Matt

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 05:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.