PDA

View Full Version : Why I get ugly airbrush in IX ?

Drevious
10-31-2004, 11:57 AM
Hi

I dont know why, but airbrush in Painter IX looks definitely much more uglier than in previous verisons of Painter. For comparison i put image done by the same digital airubrsh variant, with the same brush opacity and overall settings. Here you go:

http://members.lycos.co.uk/fdsfsdfewgdsg/painter_airbrush.jpg

delunchen
11-01-2004, 01:47 PM
oh i see....
Seems like the airbrush in p9 is harder.

Is there anyway to change the hardness of the brush like in photoshop?

Drevious
11-01-2004, 02:30 PM
Its the same airbrush like in other painters, i think they just messed the painter code a little in IX...

Jinbrown
11-01-2004, 03:27 PM
Hi,

Don't know if any of this will help, but you might try the following:

1. Restore all brush variants in the currently loaded brush library to their default settings:

Brush Selector Bar menu > Restore All Default Variants.

2. Reset your Brush Tracking using lighter than normal hand pressure:

Edit > Preferences > Brush Tracking

If that doesn't help, try resetting your Brush Tracking again, using even lighter pressure. If you find the right settings, take note of what they are so you can return to them later.

3. Open Painter 8, restore all brush variants in the Painter Brushes default brush library to their default settings, then save the Digital Airbrush variant giving it a new name: "P8 Digital Airbrush."

4.Close Painter 8, go to your file manager, and copy the P8 Digital Airbrush then paste it into the following Painter IX folder:

Corel > Corel Painter IX > Brushes > Painter Brushes > Airbrushes

5. Launch Painter IX and with all brush variants restored to their default settings, open a new Canvas and on the left side, test the default Painter IX Airbrushes' Digital Airbrush variant. On the right side, test the "P8 Digital Airbrush" variant and see if there's any improvement. Use the same colors and the same hand pressure for a good comparison.

Drevious
11-01-2004, 08:06 PM
Hi Jin, thank you for replay

I tried those whole things before, and unfortunately they doesnt work, thats why i posted this problem here. Im not a painter user since yesterday, I mainly use 6.1 and first thing what im doing when installing a new painter is importing my old brushes. Of course i did all possible tests before posting here including restored variant of airbrush, or just try on clean instalation and etc. I noticed that a lot of non-bitmap brushes works strange a little- airbrush add another colors on edges of a dab (specially when painting on copied layer), or even glow brush leave more skratches. Im almost sure that this is some problem in IX.
Im going to test it on the painter demonstration for a couple days near my place of living. I have to decide fast, because i am just getting a new job and i need to say which version of painter i want (9 or 6.1 of course).

and sorry for my pure english, not so fluent yet.

best regards.

balistic
11-01-2004, 09:29 PM
What's funny is that it looks exactly like the airbrush from Photo-Paint. I wonder of Corel is cannibalizing code . . .

Drevious
11-01-2004, 10:02 PM
If Corel do, its gonna kill this software. This is really very serious problem for ilustrators, if its not only my private problem I will never jump to the new version, because then i have to use photoshop simultaneously with painter just to use airbrush and make smooth gradients. 6.1 is sufficient for that kind of job for me now.

Jinbrown
11-01-2004, 10:19 PM
Hi again,

I was afraid that would be the case. I saw that ugly line thing and strange oily looking edges with the Painter IX Airbrushes' Digital Airbrush variant. The best I could do with it was to use a very light touch and try not to overwork in a single area as it seems to get worse the more paint you apply.

While reading this thread again, I remembered something, and like the other suggestions above, I don't know if it will help but it might be worth a try.

Someone said, several months ago, that they found the Painter 5 Airbrushes worked better than those in later versions (this was, of course, before Painter IX). If you have Painter 6, I believe the Painter 5 brushes are on the second CD and you could Import (convert) that Painter 5 brush library into Painter IX, then load it and see how it goes.

Since Painter 6 is old now, and some things about Painter 6 won't work so well on the newer Mac OS versions, it might be best to get Painter IX at work, then also use your Painter 6 as a backup for things that work better in that version.

It's a pain when things like this happen and I hope you'll write directly to Corel Painter Program Manager Rick Champagne to tell him what you're experiencing, along with your demo images so the developers can see what you mean. His e-mail address is:

rick.champagne@corel.com

brenly
11-02-2004, 05:06 AM
this is the one reason Im not going to get IX .. once they have made a useable airbrush Ill be very happy with the program. The airbrush has steadily got worse over the different versions. Im suprised that very few people seem to have noticed it??
Previously I have found better results if you change the profile from linear to pointed. But this upgrade has just made the airbrush absolutely useless. Photoshop has a brilliant airbrush, which makes me think why doesnt Corel buy Photoshop .. THEN we will have the perfect program!!

Drevious
11-02-2004, 03:09 PM
Jin, thanks for the Rick email, but i will bet that they know allready about this problem.
Im little confused because i had discovered this for first 3 minutes of using the new Painter. I think that they knew exactly what`s wrong, and of all of that, they just relleased it. Beta Testers failed or Corel wanted to just push it forward because changing the code of software would be to huge operation for now... im sure this is not a problem of one brush or two, but source code they modified to get 'cool new features' like art-oils and overall speed - my suspicions.

f97ao
11-04-2004, 03:30 AM
this is the one reason Im not going to get IX .. once they have made a useable airbrush Ill be very happy with the program. The airbrush has steadily got worse over the different versions. Im suprised that very few people seem to have noticed it??

Well I have noticed! I always thought it was amazing that perhaps the most important painting tool is working so badly. It can fairly easy create banding. Also it doesn't shoot color continously in a good way like Photoshop does, at least not if you don't have an airbrush wheel. But well the other brushes are great so I guess if one needs to do serious airbrushing we have to go do photoshop (!). Unless anyone has some good tips?

/Andreas

Aerion
12-02-2004, 01:44 PM
Almost the same problem with Glow brush.

I don't have a capture of Painter 6 but here is what I got with Painter IX :

http://aerion02.free.fr/Glow.jpg

A lot of grain.

If you're far that's ok but I find it really ugly now when working whereas I had no problems with Painter 6 glow.

And that's not the paper , it's set to 0 contrast.

Ideas?

theCloudmover
12-02-2004, 03:24 PM
Almost the same problem with Glow brush.

I don't have a capture of Painter 6 but here is what I got with Painter IX :

A lot of grain.

If you're far that's ok but I find it really ugly now when working whereas I had no problems with Painter 6 glow.

And that's not the paper , it's set to 0 contrast.

Ideas?

Can't see from the screen shot...
Is the Grain setting on the top menu bar set to 0% also?

Aerion
12-02-2004, 03:29 PM
Can't see from the screen shot...
Is the Grain setting on the top menu bar set to 0% also?
Yes but I tried 0% or 100% that doesn't change anything.

So you find that's a great glow like this?

Jinbrown
12-02-2004, 11:12 PM
The Painter IX Airbrushes seem to work almost like they're using the Drip Method, and drag color around instead of simply applying it to the Canvas or Layer.

I think that's the basic cause for the appearance of "grain", since that happens to me as well, though I have the Grain slider set to 0% and even when I use a Paper made from a selection on a blank white Canvas (obviously no texture there!).

You might try applying your "glow" effect using another brush variant on a Layer and also fiddling with Composite Methods on that "glow" Layer. At least that way, the "glow" won't interact directly with the Airbrush paint.

Looks like this is something for Corel to fix.

Rick Champagne
12-03-2004, 12:25 AM
Hi Folks,

Just a quick note to let you know that we're looking into this issue. For what it's worth, we did not update or modify any airbrush specific code between version 8 and 9, so they theoretically should be the same. Again, we're checking into it and if there is a problem in code, we'll address it.
On a side note, we will never replace Painter's airbrushes with PHOTO-PAINT's or even Paint Shop Pro's. Even if we did share code, it would be an addition to Painter (not a replacement) based on requests coming from you. If the Painter community isn't asking for it, we're not doing it. It's that simple! Everything that went into Painter IX came straight from the community, and that's how we will continue to improve Painter in the future!

Kindest Regards,

Rick Champagne
Program Manager, Corel Painter
Corel Corporation

Jinbrown
12-03-2004, 12:52 AM
Hi Rick!

Talk about quick responses! :)

Thanks. It's good to know you already know about the Airbrushes problems in Painter IX and you're looking into fixing them if possible. It is strange the way they behave like a mild Drip Method effect.

Hope all is well with you and the developers. Say Hi to them for me.

Jinny

brenly
12-05-2004, 09:28 AM
How exciting .. I wait in eager anticipation!!!

romi
12-06-2004, 05:44 PM
and i was about to purchase my upgrade to IX. yikes! i guess i'll wait if there's an update to resolve this issue.

Drevious
12-06-2004, 11:43 PM
Great news. Little happy to hear that creating this thread was worth it.

Rick tell me, there are some chances to bring as OPTIONAL advantage, perfectly zoom style like it was in Painter 6 ? With fixed airbrush (btw this is not only the airbrush bug) and this excellent zoom, you have second costumer for IX.

There are more things that in my opinion become worsed with next editions of painter (for example: color picker window take more place than in 6/7 but have less color field to chose - for what was that change?)
next: i cant make the shortcut for the whole Brush Control, but for particular option with in. I like to work with hidden pallets, and when i need to make some changes to the brush, ive got hotkeyed General Options, BUT after i open this window i cant closed it - i dont have hotkey for Brush Control. Just make it possible pls...

for now its all, but i remember that the list was longer.

But thanks for replay and giving touch, that Corel really want to make this software better then its now. Looking forward for patch, and cant wait.

Jinbrown
12-07-2004, 12:43 PM
next: i cant make the shortcut for the whole Brush Control, but for particular option with in. I like to work with hidden pallets, and when i need to make some changes to the brush, ive got hotkeyed General Options, BUT after i open this window i cant closed it - i dont have hotkey for Brush Control. Just make it possible pls...

Hi,

In Painter IX, we can assign keyboard shortcuts any way we want:

To open Brush Controls with a single keyboard shortcut, first open all Brush Controls palettes (or only the ones you want) and dock them together.

Then assign a keyboard shortcut to the top Brush Controls palette (i.e. General).

Arrange all of your other palettes the way you want them.

Save your Palette Layout with an appropriate name.

(Save other Palette Layouts after rearranging your palettes in other ways, for specific kinds of work.)

Now close all Brush Controls palettes.

Use your keyboard shortcut for the top Brush Controls palette (i.e. General) and all of the Brush Controls palettes you docked together will open at once.

Make your brush control setting adjustments.

Use your keyboard shortcut again to close all of the Brush Controls palettes that were docked together.

Two clicks to open and close your Brush Controls palettes!

Drevious
12-07-2004, 03:22 PM
Jin,

Am i understanding correct... this is an instrucition for whole pallet layout?
Dont you think that making brush control hotkey possible is easiest way?
For hiding all pallets i got TAB button.... i was thinknig about this idea you have written, but just a second... in painter 6 there is a hotkey for brush control and its working great. Why its have to be so complicated... this is only 2d software for painting and sketching, not a huge 3d packet.

Simple solutions makes more efficiency, this is how i understand working in Painter for the time i have start and for what i loved this software...

Jinbrown
12-07-2004, 06:18 PM
Jin,

Am i understanding correct... this is an instrucition for whole pallet layout?

Those were mainly instructions for setting up the docked Brush Controls palettes, though I did mention also saving entire Painter IX Palette Layout after you've got it arranged the way you want, and saving multiple custom Palette Layouts for various projects.

Dont you think that making brush control hotkey possible is easiest way?
That depends on the artist, how they like to work, and what kind of project they're working on. Since you seemed to want to open and close the Brush Controls palettes with a single keyboard shortcut, that's what I explained how to do.

As I said earlier, in Painter IX we have tremendous freedom to set things up any way we like.

For hiding all pallets i got TAB button.... i was thinknig about this idea you have written, but just a second... in painter 6 there is a hotkey for brush control and its working great. Why its have to be so complicated... this is only 2d software for painting and sketching, not a huge 3d packet.

Simple solutions makes more efficiency, this is how i understand working in Painter for the time i have start and for what i loved this software... The solution I gave you is simple. It's not only simple, it provides you a way to set up your Brush Controls palettes however you want.

Here's an example that might clarify what I'm talking about:

In Painter 6, what if you wanted only some of the Brush Controls palettes sections open? How would you do that when they're all in a single palette that's either open with all sections displayed or closed completely?

If you wanted only the General, Size, Spacing, and Expression sections open, for example, well you'd be stuck. It's all or nothing.

In Painter IX, all of these sections are now individual palettes that we can open and close independantly, dock together with other palettes, or drag away from other docked palettes to move them wherever we want on the Painter IX screen.

When I open all of the Brush Controls palettes docked together and each palette is minimized, they still take up a good deal of space on my screen:

http://www.pixelalley.com/jins_images/PIXbrush_controls_all_minimized.jpg

Often, I want all of them displayed but there are times when I'm using only a few of the Brush Controls palettes and I don't want the rest of them taking up space on my screen. For example, since some of the most frequently used controls are already on the Property Bar, I don't always need the Brush Controls palettes that contain those controls open, too.

Let's say I'm going to spend a long time testing the new Artist's Oils variants, possibly over a period of several weeks and I want plenty of room on the screen to open a large Canvas and concentrate on painting brushstrokes. I can set up the Brush Controls palettes with only the ones I'll be needing open. Now I've cut the number of palettes down from 19 to 10, using just a little more than half the space used when all of these palettes were open:

http://www.pixelalley.com/jins_images/PIXbrush_controls_AOtesting_minimized.jpg

I can do the same with other palettes leaving only the ones open that I'll be using and docking them however it's most convenient for me. For this scenario, I would dock Layers and Channels together, then dock Colors, Mixer, Color Sets, Color Info, and Papers together.

After arranging all of these palettes on my screen in the most convenient way for my Artist's Oils testing project, I'd go to Window > Arrange Palettes > Save Layout and name my custom Palette Layout "Artist's Oils Testing".

Once I've assigned my own keyboard shortcuts to the top palettes in each docked group, I can either hit the Tab key to close and open all of them at once, or hit the Tab key to close all of them, then use the appropriate keyboard shortcut to open any one of the groups of docked palettes.

Jinbrown
12-07-2004, 06:25 PM
Please see the correction below this quote. One of the steps is incorrect. Sorry if this caused any inconvenience..... Jinny

Hi,

In Painter IX, we can assign keyboard shortcuts any way we want:

To open Brush Controls with a single keyboard shortcut, first open all Brush Controls palettes (or only the ones you want) and dock them together.

Then assign a keyboard shortcut to the top Brush Controls palette (i.e. General).

Arrange all of your other palettes the way you want them.

Save your Palette Layout with an appropriate name.

(Save other Palette Layouts after rearranging your palettes in other ways, for specific kinds of work.)

Now close all Brush Controls palettes.

Use your keyboard shortcut for the top Brush Controls palette (i.e. General) and all of the Brush Controls palettes you docked together will open at once.

Make your brush control setting adjustments.

Use your keyboard shortcut again to close all of the Brush Controls palettes that were docked together.

Two clicks to open and close your Brush Controls palettes!
The step that says...

"
Use your keyboard shortcut again to close all of the Brush Controls palettes that were docked together."

... should say:

Either click the Close box in the upper right corner of the group of docked palettes to close the entire docked group of Brush Controls palettes or hit the Tab key to close all palettes.

The reason my original step is incorrect is that using the keyboard shortcut will close only the single Brush Controls palette at the top of the group of docked palettes (i.e. General).

Drevious
12-07-2004, 08:37 PM
That depends on the artist, how they like to work, and what kind of project they're working on.You have just answered yourself. My projects are fast, layout is set and im not testing any variants of it. Just want to open fast by for example pressing W whole Brush Control as i CAN do in Painter 6.

- Just go to Edit > Preferences > Function Keys

- Set asign to any F-key (thats what sucks in Painter 6 and why im asking for it right now) and set option: Windows > show Brush Control (mainly set for ctrl+7).
You dont have to do this all stuff with setting layouts etc.

In Painter 6, what if you wanted only some of the Brush Controls palettes sections open? How would you do that when they're all in a single palette that's either open with all sections displayed or closed completely?Of course you can.

- Open Brush Control

- Click on the arrows on left of the second options in (i.e. General Size and Spacing - thats how im working)

- and drag the mouse on the window to reduce place that Brush Control takes on whole panel. Its taking so small place after this...

But this is not a point. Once again! You cant assing the hotkey to the Brush Control in Painter 9! And if it pushing me to save different variants of whole layouts to just show/hide BC it makes me smile. Corel plz, change this...

I can do the same with other palettes leaving only the ones open that I'll be using and docking them however it's most convenient for me. For this scenario, I would dock Layers and Channels together, then dock Colors, Mixer, Color Sets, Color Info, and Papers together.

After arranging all of these palettes on my screen in the most convenient way for my Artist's Oils testing project, I'd go to Window > Arrange Palettes > Save Layout and name my custom Palette Layout "Artist's Oils Testing".? This is cool, i agree. But it could be much more cool if you can do this by pressing just one key whatever layout set you have.

and Jin, if you even create this all layout sets and assign to different hotkeys, you have to do this always when u want to make some changes, even the most smallest to the BC. Nonsense in my opinion. Making it on-the-fly would be extra supa and so intuitive.

BUT, what u have written on the begging - IT DEPENDS on how you are working. Its fine for you, its sucks for me. It was in Painter 6, its not in Painter 9. Why? Dont have idea why to put away useful options, but hope Rick is reading this topic and think about it.

Personaly, that what you have discovered later, makes me sick, and thats why i pointed it in my wish-list:

The reason my original step is incorrect is that using the keyboard shortcut will close only the single Brush Controls palette at the top of the group of docked palettes (i.e. General).

Jinbrown
12-07-2004, 10:09 PM
You have just answered yourself.
Um... I wasn't the one asking a question. ;)

My projects are fast, layout is set and im not testing any variants of it. Just want to open fast by for example pressing W whole Brush Control as i CAN do in Painter 6.
I've explained two times that you can do that in Painter IX. I use the F7 key but you can use any keyboard shortcut you want.

- Just go to Edit > Preferences > Function Keys
In Painter IX, go to Edit > Preferences > Customize Keys.

- Set asign to any F-key (thats what sucks in Painter 6 and why im asking for it right now) and set option: Windows > show Brush Control (mainly set for ctrl+7).
In Painter IX, assign any keyboard shortcut you want. Use Ctrl+7 if you want. Again, I use the F7 key simply because it's easy and fast to hit a single key.

You dont have to do this all stuff with setting layouts etc.
No, you don't have to in Painter 6, Painter 7, Painter 8, Painter IX or any other Painter version. It was suggested to make your workflow more efficient if you want to work with several Palette Layouts for different kinds of work.... like a lot of artists do.

Of course you can.

- Open Brush Control

- Click on the arrows on left of the second options in (i.e. General Size and Spacing - thats how im working)

- and drag the mouse on the window to reduce place that Brush Control takes on whole panel. Its taking so small place after this...
No, you're not understanding me. In Painter 6, we cannot close only one section of the Brush Controls palette. We can minimize it, but we can't close it (remove it from the Brush Controls palette) as we can with Painter IX Brush Controls palettes when they're docked and we can completely close one of the palettes so it's no longer there.

But this is not a point. Once again! You cant assing the hotkey to the Brush Control in Painter 9!
Again, you're not understanding what I've said. We can assign a keyboard shortcut (or "hotkey") to open the Brush Controls palettes, all docked together, and opened all at once with that single keyboard shortcut.

I repeat:

I use the F7 key to open all Brush Controls palettes, docked together, and opened all at once using that single keyboard shortcut.... F7

If I wanted to, I could change that keyboard shortcut from F7 to Ctrl+7 or even change it to the number 1.

And if it pushing me to save different variants of whole layouts to just show/hide BC it makes me smile. Corel plz, change this...
Geeeze Loueeze! No one's "pushing" you.

You do not have to save different versions of your Palette Layouts if you don't want to.

You don't have to take any suggestions if you don't want to.

They're offered to help you...... if... you choose to take the suggestions you've been offered.

No one cares at all if you do or don't.

If you bothered to listen or to read the User Guide or Help > Help Topics, you'd know it's you who needs to change something. Pay attention, read, and learn before taking someone's time then doing almost nothing but arguing and complaining.

This is cool, i agree. But it could be much more cool if you can do this by pressing just one key whatever layout set you have.
If you're talking about the Brush Controls palettes, that's been explained over and over.

You can!

and Jin, if you even create this all layout sets and assign to different hotkeys, you have to do this always when u want to make some changes, even the most smallest to the BC. Nonsense in my opinion. Making it on-the-fly would be extra supa and so intuitive.
You don't "have to" do anything. You are free to do what you want and Painter IX has given us a whole lot more freedom to set things up however we want. For most people, that's a good thing as it both increases their efficiency while working and makes working much easier.

BUT, what u have written on the begging - IT DEPENDS on how you are working. Its fine for you, its sucks for me.

Again, you have not understood what I've said. You asked if I thought it would be easier to just assign a "hotkey", and I said that depends on the artist... etc.

It's true, it does depend on the artist, how they work, and what they prefer. Not every artist will want the same things.. so... the answer to your question depends on the artist. For you, the answer is yes, it would be easier to assign a "hotkey", or so you've said on several occasions.

That has nothing at all to do with what is "fine for" me. This topic is not about me

It was in Painter 6, its not in Painter 9. Why? Dont have idea why to put away useful options, but hope Rick is reading this topic and think about it.
If you're still griping about a keyboard shortcut to open the Brush Controls palettes in Painter IX, read above, or read the Painter IX User Guide or Help > Help Topics.

Personaly, that what you have discovered later, makes me sick, and thats why i pointed it in my wish-list: What's the big deal? Hit the Tab key to close it, then hit the Tab key again to open it.

Ah well, I've spent way too much time on this. Either you'll wake up to the fact that you already have what you've been complaining about not having... or you won't.

My fingers are tired from typing so I'm finished with this subject for now.

Drevious
12-07-2004, 10:38 PM
Jin, chill out:) I dont want to answer for all those points, because its going to nowhere.

Definitely you either didnt understand me. But this is not problem, and I thank you for your time. Im just working to long with painter and i know what im talking about when thinking about tools i used for long time. And by pressing F7 in IX you dont do this what I want to IX do, and what 6 does... this is sure, and if Corel will fix it, you will see the differents. If not, I will write guide for you :)

Corel know what is all about so hope they will do it.

peace

Jinbrown
12-07-2004, 11:41 PM
I guess you're right. If you don't what what your posts say you want, then I don't have any idea what you do want, though I've read your posts more than once.

If you can make it clear, I'd be interested in knowing what it is that you want.

Maybe someone else can translate for me. (I read and speak English.)

I hope Corel understands.

michaelb
02-08-2005, 12:46 AM
I hate dredge this up again, but has there been any progress on this airbrush issue? I've been checking back on this thread every now and then to see if any improvements have been made in Painter IX. I'm seeing results exactly like the second picture that was posted, and I'm hoping for a cure. :)

Drevious
02-08-2005, 11:07 PM
Quick answer - unfortunately no.

Rick gave only one declaration, and thats all.

momo2004
02-13-2005, 03:46 AM
I can confirm the issue. My airbrushes look just like yours. At first i thought there are some settings wrong, but no, that's just how the airbrush seems to look like in pIX.
weird.

Drevious
02-13-2005, 12:44 PM
...and besides, when painting with low opacity, brushes gives different color then what is picked, and this is really irritating... (this is why the glow brush looks so bad and its useles at the moment).
So now for professional works im using 6.1 right now, when patch will appear, i`ll look again on IX.

and btw, this problem doesnt concern only airbrushes, but whole software. Every brush makes such a things like color alteration and dab dirting. If someone cant notice it, he have to just make more observations...

michaelb
02-13-2005, 10:30 PM
I was thinking about this, and I did some experimenting in Photoshop. I created an airbrush with 100% softness, but decreased the spacing to only 1%. It looked a lot like the odd digital airbrush we're seeing in Painter IX. When I reversed the process in Painter, and increased the spacing settings for the digital airbrush, I noticed a new softness to the look. There seems to be some sort of a connection between the spacing and opacity that work together to create that smooth look at a certain brush size. A change to any one of the three affects the entire result. I haven't been able to get it quite right yet, but I think if you experiment with the spacing settings, you might notice something of an improvement.

(p.s. If this works for you, I would be glad. I would be even more glad to see it worked out for good in the upcoming patch for Painter IX. Hint, hint. :))

Drevious
02-14-2005, 05:34 PM
I have tried spacing trick when noticed about this issue for first time, but this is not it. To make it clear, in all painters before IX problem doesnt exist. This is some summary...

davethebrush
02-15-2005, 10:03 AM
I also have tried various settings for the airbrush in painter 9 including the spacing setting. Unfortunately all that happens is the flow increases but the smoothness does not improve much. It is more noticeable with a large brush say 100+ in size and a low opacity setting say 5%. Try the same airbrush with this size & opacity in painter 8 and you get a lovely smooth airbrush effect. I look forward to Corels patch (9.1?) for painter 9, at least they acknowledge the problem earlier in this subject thread, but for now im working with 8.1 again and 9 is uninstalled :(

monsitj
02-15-2005, 03:39 PM
it's very disapoint to hear that issue! i think it's a big problem , because I use photoshop for paint before and want to try to migrate to painter , i heavily rely on airbrush , so anyone have any comments?
wait for patch , or continue with photoshop?

Drevious
02-15-2005, 05:05 PM
three options:
download trial of P9 and try (but if you are photoshop user u can discourage to this software because of this bug)/get P6 or P7/wait for the patch, but have no idea when its gonna be release

Rick Champagne
05-12-2005, 01:55 AM
Hi Folks,

Just wanted to give you a quick update on this one. After Drevious started the thread, the Painter Team went straight to work, and have since been able to pinpoint a solution for the problem some of you are seeing. We can't thank you enough for bringing it to our attention. Once we've completed implementing the solution for all language versions, we'll be running it through exhaustive testing, but rest assured that something is coming - likely in the form of a patch/updater. Thanks again for your kindness in helping us close the door on this one!

Best Regards,

Rick Champagne
Program Manager, Corel Painter
rick . champagne @ corel . com

Lunatique
05-12-2005, 02:18 AM
That's awesome Rick! It's a great feeling knowing that Corel is watching this forum and that our voices are heard.

Drevious
05-12-2005, 10:25 AM
Wow, this is really cool. My heart stoped beating for a while when i was reading your post. I cant wait to see this in action (and test it).

Best regards and good luck Rick!

michaelb
05-12-2005, 09:32 PM
This is good. :) We appreciate it!

olduttycruff
05-18-2005, 10:58 PM
THANK YOU LORD ..... oppps I mean Rick :thumbsup:

AlexC
09-15-2005, 10:06 PM
Hi,

Sorry to bring up an old topic, but I could relly do with the update for my school work. Is there any hope in a patch soon, it's been ages? I know you have to test it and other things, but I really need it. Do you have any rough idea when it will come out, Rick?

Drevious
09-15-2005, 11:18 PM
http://www.corel.com/painterix/lp/91_update/index.html

have fun.

CGTalk Moderation
09-15-2005, 11:18 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.