08-21-2002, 06:50 PM
http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/x-men_2/

edited August 23, 2002 - Apple has removed the link =(

CreatureseEtc
08-21-2002, 09:40 PM
:D

dmonk
08-21-2002, 09:42 PM
Has anyone seen what nightcrawler will look like? I hear it's pretty amazing from superherohype.com. The trailer looks promising.:thumbsup:

Larry_g1s
08-21-2002, 09:57 PM
WOW...very cool. I thought the 1st one was great.

Joril
08-21-2002, 10:31 PM
It's nice to know that an old baddy will stay.
Other than that, I'm not that impressed yet.
And still such a long wait.
I'm pretty sure it will turn out awsome.

Ral1978
08-22-2002, 12:35 AM
The first movie sucked i mean come on Magneto an old man, and they didn't wear the customes, Xavier was the best but thats it, we all miss Gambit and jugernut.

GRMac13
08-22-2002, 02:30 AM
Hey, isn't Beast supposed to be in this one? I thought the first X-Men was great, this one looks very dark (in a good way). I hate teasers though, what the hell was going on there?

bentllama
08-22-2002, 04:27 AM
Did Gandalf cut his hair?

TuLe
08-22-2002, 05:18 AM
Can't wait to see this sequel...!

The first one was OK, it had its moments and it's faults, but now
i think they gona rock the house for good!

Thanks for the link man!

mjm
08-22-2002, 06:24 AM
Colossus is also supposed to be in this one. :D

LucentDreams
08-22-2002, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by Ral1978
The first movie sucked i mean come on Magneto an old man, and they didn't wear the customes, Xavier was the best but thats it, we all miss Gambit and jugernut.

Did you ever read the comics??? Magneto isn't exactly young, he had white hair even when The main team were teens and now they in their thirties. I mean yes the movies doesn't quite match up of course but Erik Magnus has always been the same age as Prof X give or take a few years.

Yeah will Gambit be in this one, kinda disappointed in All the X-men things of late since Gambit seems to be gettin screwed all around, no movie, cheap villain in Evolution, he just doesn't get a spotlight, looks like Stewart, Mckellan and Jackman are still the main focus, though it is a teaser they may have opted not to tease us with new mutants yet.

arvid
08-22-2002, 09:09 AM
The 'flavor of the year' really seems to be superheroes :surprised

but its cool :cool:

WillJohn
08-22-2002, 09:30 AM
i dont mean to be an ass...

<simpsons comicbook store owner>
but when wolverine jumps.. it makes his 'claw' sound , yet his claws dont come out... i hate trailers.

*sigh*
</simpsons comicbook store owner>

LucentDreams
08-22-2002, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by WillJohn
i dont mean to be an ass...

<simpsons comicbook store owner>
but when wolverine jumps.. it makes his 'claw' sound , yet his claws dont come out... i hate trailers.

*sigh*
</simpsons comicbook store owner>

They did this in the teasers for the first flick too, many of the effects were not done for the clips used in the teaser, remember cyclops optic blast? Why they use those shots I just don't get it.

pascal_blanche
08-22-2002, 01:47 PM
wolvie.... http://www.gamegen.com/fightgen/characters/wolvie-claws.gif :p

baby
08-22-2002, 03:03 PM
it's not a trailer...

it's just a bunch of shots shown at a comic convention very recently...but I love it...

Sure when we'll see the real trailer we'll be blasted !!! :bounce:

by the way...my girlfriend falled in love with Wolvie !!!! pffff...
I hate this guy !!! :scream: :surprised

NightFox
08-22-2002, 04:55 PM
20% of the trailer was recycled from the end of the first movie when they're playing chess.

heh. They rushed it out the door so fast they forgot to put in the digital effects. *sigh* Such is with teasers.

I just read Wizard magazine. Just was in B&N and picked up a copy and they had the low down on some characters that are in the movie. Nightcrawler, Beast, and Gambit are supposed to be in this movie too. Along with some really nice evil baddies from the series. Sentinels, An asian assassin woman whose body is also made of adamantium (Lady something or other, been a while) and that's all I can remember. EDIT - Lady DeathStrike. Just remembered. :-)

If had known there was gonna be a test on it, I would have studied harder. heh.

pascal_blanche
08-22-2002, 06:51 PM
WOLVIE..... http://www.gamegen.com/fightgen/characters/wolvie-mp-low.gif

pascal_blanche
08-22-2002, 06:55 PM
WOLVIE.... http://www.gamegen.com/fightgen/characters/wolvie-slash.gif

pascal_blanche
08-22-2002, 06:59 PM
WOLVIE!!!
http://www.gamegen.com/fightgen/characters/wolvie-bb.gif

did i mention I love this character ?

allenlikewo
08-22-2002, 07:50 PM
Why do they even show you things like that when you have to wait until 05/02/03....:shrug:

WillJohn
08-22-2002, 07:53 PM
...its a tease..
thats the point i think..

anyone think that they should have casted someone else as Wolverine? this guy sucks.. Ray Park?

swampthing
08-22-2002, 08:00 PM
Ray park as wolverine would SUCK!!! I mean cmon, other than doing the "moves" for wolverine ray looks like a little freak. Hugh whats his name does a pretty good job i think.

baby
08-22-2002, 08:45 PM
No Hugh Jackman was really cool !!!!

PASCAL !!!! go and see a doctor !!!!!

AndyRoberts
08-22-2002, 10:42 PM
Hugh Jackman was good as Wolvie imo.

A poorer casting choice was Halle Berry as Storm!!

Storm was always statuesque, graceful, in control and if memory serves me correctly from my comic days, she was the leader of the team. None of that came across for me with Ms Berry

I was hoping for an actress with a look more like Iman (www.i-iman.com) - whose bone structure, poise and facial expressions appear more regal and other-worldly.

Not sure why they bothered cutting that teaser. No vfx to spice the visuals and I was suprised to hear a track I have in my CD collection as the score: Holst's The Planets - Mars the bringer of War. That little 'off the shelf' touch just made it seem all the more hurried, cheap and premature to me. :annoyed:

Andy

Grooveholmes
08-22-2002, 11:56 PM
They should cast ME as wolverine. I look like him, build and everything..

I haven't watched the teaser yet but the guy who played wolvie in the first movie blowed man... It looked like they cast BUD BUNDY(david faustino) as Wolverine or something.

Flypaper
08-23-2002, 03:52 AM
Yeah well my dad could beat up your dad!

These threads get funny.

lmc
08-23-2002, 06:39 AM
thanks
:applause:

beaker
08-23-2002, 07:13 AM
>>heh. They rushed it out the door so fast they forgot to put in the digital effects. *sigh* Such is with teasers.

Yea, actually Brian Singer came down to the San Diego comicon a couple weeks ago and showed that off. The trailer was from what they had shot so far(only 2 weeks of shooting done as of that trailer.) They still have many weeks left till they even finish.

>>A poorer casting choice was Halle Berry as Storm!!

Definatly! Hallie Berry is a nice piece of ass, but she is not Storm. I think Angela Basset would have made a nice Storm. If you remeber her in the movie "Strange Days". She was really buff, and she has a really strong voice like Storm has, not that puppy dog one like Hallie Berry has.

http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Lot/8220/mace.html

AndyRoberts
08-23-2002, 04:56 PM
>>.....I think Angela Basset would have made a nice Storm...

Now you mention it, YES!! Angela Bassett would have been perfect as Storm, both physically and in the intensity that she conveys as an actor.

MacRonin
08-23-2002, 07:02 PM
Hugh Jackman ROCKS as Wolverine!

Maybe not as short as 'the real thing', or as muscular; but this is the real world we are talking about...

I think he does justice to the part, I can believe that he really is Wolvie!

But that is just the opinion of an ex comic book store employee who has followed Wolverine from the beginning...

reaver
08-24-2002, 12:33 AM
The first movie stunk big time!!

Hugh Jackman made a good wolvie though (shame about Halle)

I've been collect Xmen comics for over 20 years and that movie really didn't do them justice.

There have been some kick ass stories in the Xmen comics (John Byrne/ Chris Claremont) and they throw it all away for some crap with a giant jelly.

X2 better be better.

dmonk
08-24-2002, 02:04 AM
Originally posted by pascal blanché
WOLVIE!!!
http://www.gamegen.com/fightgen/characters/wolvie-bb.gif

did i mention I love this character ?

Pascal what happened to your wolverine?

I remember you had one in your work in progress section on your site.

P.S. I think Jackman does a good job. I'm a hardcore X-men fan too. Angela Bassett would have been a perfect storm but i think she might have been a lil' older than what they wanted( not saying Angela isn't damn fine still)

Lee3dee
08-24-2002, 03:36 AM
NEWS FLASH!

Apple has killed the link for the Xmen teaser!. I tired viewing it at 11:37pm.

TuLe
08-24-2002, 04:12 AM
Hey all...!

Whata happen with the X2 trailer???
did they get it of the air???

The url doens't work anymore on apple trailes!!!
I'll try the X2 website (if there's one!)

Thankx

urgaffel
08-24-2002, 08:43 AM
I guess it was withdrawn due to it being too early... Or maybe too sucky... I dunno ;)

Corn Dog
11-18-2002, 03:03 AM
CRAP!!! I've avoid d/l Quick Time for 1yr now, but I just installed to watch that. DANGITALL!!!

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.