PDA

View Full Version : Changing PS Splash Screen

Epidemicz
10-30-2004, 10:12 PM
Hmm sorry if im posting this everywhere but I tried replying in a thread twice about this but it never showed up :((, maybe a new thread will make it work.

Below is my original post:

I was thinking earlier how I could change my splash screen and after a little help from this thread i got it, so I thought I would post my findings here and share with you guys.

First the tools I used:
- ResHacker
- Resource Hunter Trial(Optional -- Only Used to browse the pictures easier)

---------------------------

1.) Open up PSArt.dll.
2.) Expand PNGF folder.
3.) Expand SPLASHARTFEATHER.PNG(could be SPLASHARTFEATHERCE.PNG or SPLASHARTFEATHERME.PNG depending on what version you have, mine is SPLASHARTFEATHERME.PNG).
4.) Click on the 1033 (or whatever number is under that folder) and go to top menu and select: action->save resource as binary file.
5.) Name the file whatever.png.
6.) Open whatever.png and change the splash screen to your liking, save and finish blah blah.
7.) Back in reshacker -> right click on that # under SPLASHARTFEATHER.. and choose replace resource.
8.) Click "Open file with new resource" -> point to your saved whatever.png.
9.) Resource type is "PNGF", Name is "SPLASHARTFEATHER.PNG(or whatever your version is), Language the # you see under SPLASHARTFEATHER folder(probabaly 1033).
10.) Click replace and go to file->save (original .dll is backed up in case you f'k it up like I did during this :), so dont worry).
11.) Open PS and enjoy your new splash screen. o.O.

PS: Same steps as above for Image Ready only the splash screen is in ImageReady.exe and its under PNGF/IR_SPLASH something.

Hope this helps, thx goes to whoever pointed me in the right direction with PNGF/SPLASHARTFEATHER.

Elysian
10-31-2004, 12:46 PM
And... what do we need a new splash screen for? :wise:
Most people actually want to get rid of them! :scream:

Epidemicz
11-01-2004, 09:58 AM
yeah your right, maybe next time someone wants to share information with someone else, maybe they will just stfu and keep it to themselves, wtf is this internet for anyway?

this question was asked on the forum before and noone could give a direct answer how to do it -- so i figured out how to do it and I'd thought I would share back with the community.

ty bye bye now.

EricChadwick
11-01-2004, 09:09 PM
Thanks for the tip. I once changed the 3ds max splash screen, was kinda fun replacing it with something worth looking at, if you have to be subjected to it anyway.

Elysian, try being a little more constructive. Put-downs are a waste of space.

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 05:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.