PDA

View Full Version : Which resampler should i use?

saiko
10-30-2004, 07:57 PM
Photoshop (http://0-29.com/?go=photoshop) CS gives 3 bicubic resampling options, the 'normal' bicubic, bicubic-smoother and bicubic-sharper, which one should we use for Upsizing an image? and which one for Downsizing?

Another question,
What's bilinier and nearest-neighbour are good for?

Regards....
saiko

halo
10-30-2004, 08:27 PM
nearest neighbour is useful for resizing web graphics etc based on non antialiased graphics, as long as its resized by and integer amount up.

bicubic sharper is useful for resizing down sometimes, sometimes bicubic smoother is useful for resizing up...depends on the content.

saiko
10-31-2004, 05:26 AM
Thank you!

regards...
saiko

Elysian
10-31-2004, 02:04 PM
Never understood these kind of questions, because the answers can always be found with Google in a matter of seconds. :wise:

Oh well...

saiko
10-31-2004, 04:31 PM
Never understood these kind of questions, because the answers can always be found with Google in a matter of seconds.But I prefer the CGtalker's answers, as I feel those are more focused than a one second's Google search and generally more 3D/CG oriented.

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 06:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.