PDA

View Full Version : help with Maya error - rror: some uvcoordinates are outside 0 and 1 texture space

daveyt1234
10-30-2004, 01:43 PM
Hey guys, first time here so apologies if this has already been asked or if im in the wrong place,

im trying to export a model from maya using a custom script, when i go to export it to the ascii file i get the error message

Error: some uvcoordinates are outside 0 and 1 texture space!!

Does anyone know what this means and how i go about solving it??

just as a test i tried exporting a simplpe polygon cube as it appears on the grid when you click the create cube button and i get the above message, any ideas or pointers???

Thanks in advance

David

GLMatrix
10-30-2004, 09:19 PM
Hey guys, first time here so apologies if this has already been asked or if im in the wrong place,

im trying to export a model from maya using a custom script, when i go to export it to the ascii file i get the error message

Error: some uvcoordinates are outside 0 and 1 texture space!!

Does anyone know what this means and how i go about solving it??

just as a test i tried exporting a simplpe polygon cube as it appears on the grid when you click the create cube button and i get the above message, any ideas or pointers???

Thanks in advance

David
All that means is that the the object has UV's placed outside the 0 to 1 area in the UV editor. If you open up your UV editor, you'll see the grid is divided into 4 squares, the one you should be placing your UV's in is the top right ( 0 to positive 1). Anything outside of that will give you the problem.

daveyt1234
11-01-2004, 07:56 AM
All that means is that the the object has UV's placed outside the 0 to 1 area in the UV editor. If you open up your UV editor, you'll see the grid is divided into 4 squares, the one you should be placing your UV's in is the top right ( 0 to positive 1). Anything outside of that will give you the problem.
OK, sorry if im being stupid, i opened up the UV texture editor, is this the right one??? it has a grid in it which is kinda devided up into 4 main areas, how do i move the UVs in it????

Again, apologies for stupidity!!

Cheers

daveyt1234
11-01-2004, 08:08 AM
think ive figured it out, in a hap-hazard way!! thanks for your help

David

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 05:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.