PDA

View Full Version : Anime Girl Head: Need topology and proportion critics

kuui
10-30-2004, 11:18 AM
hi everybody

i'm trying to improve my anime head modelling skills and overall human head modelling skils and need some serious critics for the topology and the prportion and overall look of the head.

here's the head:

http://people.freenet.de/angeloi/mangahead11.jpg

and here's a single side wire:

http://people.freenet.de/angeloi/mangahead_wire.jpg

i tried to follow the main loops around eyes and from nose to mouth.

Shiver
11-01-2004, 04:47 PM
Can you show us a reference picture of what your going for becuz anime comes in many shapes and forms.

bolchover
11-02-2004, 04:16 PM
If it's girl, as a general rule of thumb, anime figures have very large eyes, very small nose and small chin. What you end up with is a sort of exagerrated woman's face or something quite childlike. Japanese art (and derivatives), on purpose or otherwise, emphasise the female and youth like features in most characters. Try a quick search, and you'll quickly see what I mean. If it's male, I guess you have more flexibility. Could use the difference from men to women facial features as a guide - ie men have slightly smaller eyes (as a rule of thumb), squarer jaws and larger noses... Hope this helps,

Keetell
11-02-2004, 05:24 PM
wheres your style sheet, you have a really good start but, if you arnt I'd reccomend you use a character style sheet.

monsoon3d
11-08-2004, 11:15 PM
i agree with bolchover.
i love the anime-style and tried to get myself deeper into it.
the more childish the face shall look, the softer it gets. means softer and rounder silouhette,
not too small nose ,flat nose bridge, soft cheeks and rounder chin (cute-looking face at all), . the harder a face becomes, the older the character will be. there are even a few rules of how characteristics define the proportions of a face (like large mouth but thin lips gives a wilder characteristic).
itīs worth to have a look on reference pictures or some books (drawing manga style).

-t-

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 06:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.