PDA

View Full Version : Grand Space Opera 3D Entry: Zoltan Sostai

hundredthirtyseven
10-29-2004, 03:11 PM
Zoltan Sostai has entered the Grand Space Opera 3D.

hundredthirtyseven
10-29-2004, 03:30 PM
My entry will be based on a previous project of mine that can be found here: http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=151085

Reasons:
1. I really like science-fiction created by classic authors like Stanislaw Lem, Arthur C. Clark, Stanley Kubrick and Andrei Tarkovsky.
2. I really don't like these middle-class Hollywood "scifis" like Star Wars. Heroic scenes from these movies are a joke:)
3. I think the science-fiction feeling comes from a lot of other things too. I think I'm inspired by 2001: A Space Odyssey, Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon and Wish You Were Here, Mike Oldfield's Songs of Distant Earth, Donnie Darko, a really good animation film called "Masters of Time", and the feeling of the early '80s.
4. I'd like to create a scene that is cute, that isn't this funny heroic thing, but still it recreates the feeling of the endless depth of space, time and love...and the endless depth of FUN:)

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 05:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.