me please :< i'm a beginner

http://mitglied.lycos.de/nobodylikeme000/screens/skull.jpg

meanimator
10-30-2004, 05:12 PM
www.BakaNeko.com
this 'll solve your problem

Elysian
10-31-2004, 12:50 PM
C'mon hey, there are dozens of skull tutorials on the net or suggestions on how you should paint a skull. Ever heard of Google?
What do you want? Find a "click button, create skull" plugin?
Draw a skull and then come back when you're really stuck dude.

Black_Bart_GA
11-01-2004, 02:20 AM
Don't worry guy. There are plenty of newbies....like me. You need some good references first of all. Find a good front and side image for reference planes. Use a search engiine to search skull...or go to your local library for anatomical references. Set up your reference planes. Start simple with a polygon sphere and start tweaking until you get a basic shape. As a beginner, I feel more comfortable and have had better results using polygons rather than nurbs or sub-d's. Let us know how you do.

Elysian
11-01-2004, 03:27 PM
Set up your reference planes. Start simple with a polygon sphere and start tweaking until you get a basic shape. As a beginner, I feel more comfortable and have had better results using polygons rather than nurbs or sub-d's. Let us know how you do.And I always thought that this was a photoshop forum... was I wrong! :banghead:

LiquidoX
11-01-2004, 04:46 PM
sorry i post in the wrong forum

i need the skull for a homepage
it mus look very real
http://mitglied.lycos.de/nobodylikeme000/skull.jpg

How i can paint this that it looks real ?

EricChadwick
11-01-2004, 09:00 PM
Put a skull on your desk and start drawing. Keep drawing. Take drawing lessons. Draw every day. It takes time to draw well.

Or... steal a 3d model and render in a 3d app.

alseides
11-01-2004, 11:16 PM
Generally if you want to paint realistically you'll need a tablet. You don't have to get a very expensive one, Wacom has a line of tablets that will work well. Just go to the site and look around.

You asked how to paint realistically, and my only advice is to practice with a tablet, and get very familiar with the brush engine of PS7 or CS. You need time, and thats about it. (there is some talent in it too... heh)

Elysian (http://cgtalk.com/member.php?u=87575) why are your posts so counter-productive? I think you have been told before in this forum that unhelpful posts takes up space. vbmenu_register("postmenu_1693932", true);

LiquidoX
11-02-2004, 10:59 AM
Where i can find Paintbrush tutorials

in the Tutorial list are only links ,1000 links :/

Elysian
11-02-2004, 02:53 PM
Type in Google: paintbrush tutorial photoshop

alseides
11-02-2004, 04:17 PM
don't go tutorials so fast, experiment first. that way you'll know whats going on when a tutorial is telling you to do something. well, i think that is the best way atleast.

LiquidoX
11-03-2004, 09:21 PM
I want to buy me A wacom graphire classic but the size is only A 6 ? is this
to short ? a5 -a3 is to expensive ..

alseides
11-03-2004, 10:45 PM
the A6 is approximately 4x5 inches, which is ok, but i think A5 (6x8) inches is ideal. You don't need bigger than A5.

Maybe there is someplace where you could test it out? I'm not sure, you could get the A6 and after you get experienced get a larger tablet.

Elysian
11-03-2004, 11:58 PM
Indeed, most people agree that A5 (6x8) is a perfect size.

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 05:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.