PDA

View Full Version : brush settings pallete

weeetiki
10-29-2004, 12:58 PM
Yaaaaaay finally got painter! So far I'm liking it a lot, mostly because I can rotate the canvas easily, since that's really all the functions I know of ;p...

Anyway, I have a small problem. I'm using Painter IX and I'm noticing that the common brush settings is docked on the top side of the screen, I could drag it out but ... that doesn't really change anything. I've been looking at some painter videos and most people have the brush settings different from mine. Like it's bigger...

The main reason I want the large one is because I'm too lazy to click on opacity then to drag the settings... the large one doesn't require the previous click. Also the larger bar has better control. Does anyone know how I can get the large brush settings palette?

Another thing is is there a way to change the shape of the tool box from vertical to horizontal? I've seen some horizontal tool boxes... well this isn't a big problem since I mostly just hide my palletes.

Garma
10-30-2004, 03:17 PM
I experienced that same problem, you must've watched gnomon dvd's right? :) I think it has to do with the version (I know ryan church uses painter 6, and some others do too). However you can bring up a box that does the same thing and more by going through windows -> brush controls -> choose anything you like. The bad side of this is that a lot of useful features are in different control boxes along with a lot of controls you barely use.

Hope this helps.

weeetiki
10-30-2004, 04:05 PM
Cool, though I wish they still have the old one, this bar is awfully small... it's almost as if it's asking me to zoom in :D. But it saves me an extra click, so it's good. Thanks for your help.

(yeh I watched the gnomon videos)

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.