PDA

View Full Version : The best alternative to Microsoft Outlook?

Dias
10-29-2004, 12:29 PM
Hi, let's talk about Microsoft Outlook (the one you find in Office, not Outlook Express).

Does anybody know some similar alternative? I mean, somethink like with email, calendar, tasks, note etc.

Thanks

log0n
10-29-2004, 02:45 PM
Are you trying to tie into an existing exchange network? Or just for your own personal stuff...

Personal, Mozilla is pretty complete (email, calendar, tasks, etc etc). I have no idea how well it ties into a corporate MS network/environment though.

If you're under Linux or also looking for something for Linux, there's not much better than Evolution.

Dias
10-29-2004, 02:50 PM
No, it's for personal stuff. :)

As far as Mozilla concerned, I've tried only Thunderbird that has only email function. Now I'll try Mozilla Suite. :)

devdoka
10-30-2004, 03:24 PM
if you are looking for a complete replacement of MS office check this http://www.openoffice.org/

otherwise
you can always use firebird, eudora,etc.....

However i notice this strange behavior in firebird.
I have a huge database of emails in outlook express and i`d like to keep it.
Firebird doesnt want to import all my email and i dont know why.
I would be nice also if it can import your rules too.
Another one i dont like is, that you cannot use more than one smtp (outgoing) server.
It says that you dont need more than one.

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 06:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.