PDA

View Full Version : Qucktime VR in Lightwave....thought it would be possible???

pitsta
10-29-2004, 11:18 AM
I've created a few Quicktime VR's for a school project.....had no problems with 360 degree rotation. But I'm having problems with creating a 180 degree VR.

Is it possible??? or not???

Has anyone attempted this with success? If so, could someone please help with the settings so it runs consistantly.

Thanking you in advance.......cheers

pitsta :(

mathius
10-29-2004, 12:34 PM
hey i dont know if thisll help, but i seem to remember a tute on simplylightwave.com about quicktime VR. might help

jabbermike
10-29-2004, 01:32 PM
hi,

yes it's possible. I think there' s a tutorial in the NewTek tutorial section. This is somthing I made with QTVR
http://www.exhibitionlevel.com/cgtalk/backpack/BackPackqtvr002.mov

cheers,

mike

edit:
ehhh... sorry I was distracted and didn't read your post to the end. I never thought about 180 degree QTVR.

pitsta
10-29-2004, 11:52 PM
Thanks Guys.....

but all the tuts are for 360 degree.......I'm stuck on trying to create just a 180 degree VR.

help is alway appreciated.....cheers

pitsta

Kvaalen
10-30-2004, 12:12 AM
Yes, it is possible!
From the render options panel choose "Save animation" and choose from the type menu "Quick Time VR Object". Click on options and there you can define the angle and all.

kretin
10-31-2004, 12:30 AM
What problems are you having?

I just tried it for 0-180 here with no probs, but if setting the max rotation to 180 isn't working properly for you, then you could set it to 360, and cheat. See all QtVR does is play a series of frames when you move the mouse. It doesn't know what those frames are, so you can create a 180 degree rotation of your scene or object, then tell the QtVR saver that frame range is 360 and the resulting movie will be the same...

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 05:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.