PDA

View Full Version : Tablet from Wacom or ... ?

Gelvin
10-29-2004, 10:38 AM
Hello everyone

Iam planning to buy a tablet, i think i will go for the Wacom Intuos3 A4 (or A5)
but they are quite expensive... ive seen tablets from "Trust" they are really cheap.
Does anyone here got a tablet from trust ?

Is wacom the only way to go ?
cos the only tablets i hear about is wacom-tablets...

Gelvin
10-29-2004, 02:20 PM
ive read other posts about different wacom sizes but nothing
about other tablets than wacom...

Trog
10-29-2004, 03:30 PM
I am also considering buying a tablet. I was looking at the Wacom Graphire3, but did not know if I should get a 4x5 or 6x9. Is the 6x9 worth twice as much?

I'll have to check into the "Trust" tablet too. With a name like that it kind of scares me though.

Gelvin
10-29-2004, 03:39 PM
i agree about the name...

I think 4x5 is too small, i will go for at least 6x9... (6x9 = A5, right?)

jamacsween
10-29-2004, 03:45 PM
Read some really bad stuff about the Trust tablets.

Go for the Wacom, even the low range graphire ones are excellent value for money and I think they have even released a budget A6 model for around 30 in the UK.

Wacom all the way......

JA

Gelvin
10-29-2004, 03:48 PM
okey jamacsween..

so i guess wacom is the only way to go then...

Which Wacom size do you guys use ?

audim
10-30-2004, 07:10 AM
I have an Aiptek 12000u at home (A4). It is not the same feeling like the Wacom Intuos I use at work. But it works fine and I have no problems.

jammin
10-30-2004, 07:19 AM
i have a 10x12 (9x12?) and think it is too big/bulky -even with a dual monitor setup

i think you're right on the money with the 6x9

Gelvin
10-30-2004, 09:19 AM
I have an Aiptek 12000u at home (A4). It is not the same feeling like the Wacom Intuos I use at work. But it works fine and I have no problems.

First time a heard of anyone who uses non-Wacom tablet...

i have a 10x12 (9x12?) and think it is too big/bulky -even with a dual monitor setup

i think you're right on the money with the 6x9

I can understand that it could be too bulky... thats nice to hear, then i dont
have to spend that extra money to get the larger one... i will go for the 6x9 ! :applause:

thanks for your oppinions and help
I hope you can understand my enlish...

Halford
10-31-2004, 09:42 PM
I believe Wacom is the best for it.

I had a little wacom A6, I made my first moves on it.
Then I bought a Trust A4. Not bad, actually I was surprised(the only thing is the battery inside the pen that I don't like)
Now I have a Intuos 3 A4. PARADISE...it even feels the pen angle....It's very good.
if you want a wacom but you don't like the price of a Intuos 3 A4, the intuos 2 are not tto different, the quality still top and they cost less (just some option less).

for my point of view an A5 is the minimum, no A6....
A4 is perfect, but not a must. But it's my point of view, others might find the A5 too small and A4 a must..

hope it helps

Hal.

Trog
11-01-2004, 03:01 AM
thanks for the input. I just need to save my pennies now.

Gelvin
11-01-2004, 10:46 AM
I believe Wacom is the best for it.

I had a little wacom A6, I made my first moves on it.
Then I bought a Trust A4. Not bad, actually I was surprised(the only thing is the battery inside the pen that I don't like)
Now I have a Intuos 3 A4. PARADISE...it even feels the pen angle....It's very good.
if you want a wacom but you don't like the price of a Intuos 3 A4, the intuos 2 are not tto different, the quality still top and they cost less (just some option less).

for my point of view an A5 is the minimum, no A6....
A4 is perfect, but not a must. But it's my point of view, others might find the A5 too small and A4 a must..

hope it helps

Hal.

thank you for the reply

colintheys
11-01-2004, 03:27 PM
I have an Acecad Acecat Flair 4x5 tablet that I got for $40 about two years ago. I use it a lot and it's pretty good. The pen has a battery, but I really don't mind that. I've never had any complaints with the tablet until very recently, but now I'm looking to buying a wacom as I start doing more and more tablet work getting into 2d animation. The problem is that if you hold the nib still on the tablet and rotate the pen around it, the position of the cursor on the screen changes. a little.. :( This makes tracing things difficult, but isn't particularly noticable otherwise. It was a very good value at the time, but I wouldn't reccomend it for professional work.

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 06:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.