PDA

View Full Version : need help working on huge files

blank
10-29-2004, 09:26 AM
Ok heres the problem, I have to work on 600Mb terrain file (satellite picture) and on my machine here at work its a tad slow,
now many years ago when I was a retoucher using Photoshop 3-ish or 4 (i think, was a long time ago) anyway you could import part of an image to work on and then export it back after you had finished on that part so you never had the whole file open at once.

Is there a way to do this in Photoshop 7? or maybe a plugin?

hope this is clear.. :)

halo
10-29-2004, 10:15 AM
it got dropped...(go figure)...not sure exactly what version it dissapeared but i think it was 7 :(

blank
10-29-2004, 10:21 AM
as i suspected, poo :(

anyone know of any plugins that do the same thing?

:)

eupee
10-29-2004, 01:13 PM
seems like a stupid thing to drop. never used it but it sounds useful, there should be another element that does similar things

blank
10-29-2004, 02:33 PM
found it, its just not installed by default after PS4

is on cd/goodies/quikedit

just drop in in your plugin folder.

Well should be we couldn't find our PS7 or CS disk here at work so I dug out PS5.5 and used the one on that instead, works fine with PS7.

sorry if this is a kinda of double post but my last post saying this didn't show for some reason?

Anyway.

YIPEEEEE!

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 06:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.