PDA

View Full Version : Grand Space Opera 3D Entry: Emily Tetri

the sparky
10-29-2004, 08:30 AM
Emily Tetri has entered the Grand Space Opera 3D.

the sparky
10-29-2004, 08:32 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/4924/4924_1099035177_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/4924/4924_1099035177_large.jpg)

I'm not sure if I want to go with something peaceful-ish like this or something faster looking.

whee! my first CGtalk challenge.

Pietje
10-29-2004, 08:46 AM
Are those Ewoks in the trees? j/k

It looks nice, and i think a peacefull image stands as good a chance as a war image, no?

malcolmvexxed
10-29-2004, 08:58 AM
I like it. to fit the theme of "iconic" or pivotal imagery i'd like it to be a moment where peace is reached or something to that effect. But as an epic pic the composition works really well.

the sparky
10-29-2004, 09:17 AM
thanks!

hm... you're right, there isnt really a turning point being depicted here.

Ok, what if there was a clearly alien ship flying next to the big blocky ship, and they were connected by a bridge? Hm... it would be cool if the people on the branch were watching some great moment of peace. Now I need to figure out a way to show that.

hydrocell
11-12-2004, 10:18 PM
i like it! especially the moss or whatever that is hanging off the tree branch, gives it an organic feel in contrast to what's going on in the sky..

the sparky
11-14-2004, 06:19 PM
thanks!

I'm still working on figuring out how to make this more of a turning point/event.

jammin
12-15-2004, 03:58 AM
quite a contrast you've got there; i get the peaceful feeling from the foreground -the tree people. the 'candles in the windows' (at least that's what they look like to me) deal seems very serene and far removed from the technology they are observing.

i think if we could see more of the tree people's (ok, i'll quit calling them that)dwellings,environment, etc, we could learn more about them and it might help tell your story

i think you've got something cool happening here

ben

the sparky
12-15-2004, 04:56 AM
thanks. I was going for a candles in the window look in the foreground.

I'm just not sure what sort of turning point I can make. Like, to me, those are ships going out on some great quest, but I can't think of a way to show that.

I finally have time to work on this again, school got in the way for a long time.

essencedesign
12-15-2004, 05:12 AM
starting alittle late ...but ...why not a little MORe stress over the holidays right...

the balance in your image looks great....the ship design I see...although basic now,,,has huge potential..as does the whole MOOD of this Image...Good luck to you...I will follow this thread and help out any way I can.....peace :thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 06:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.