PDA

View Full Version : MX-1000: Back and Forth with Firefox

Fahad
10-29-2004, 01:28 AM
I got the Logitech MX-1000, it's nice, though I cannot seem to get the backwards and forwards buttons to work with FireFox.

I searched around and came up with this...

You need to assign the "Back" and "Forward" buttons as "Generic Button" in SetPoint. Here's what you do: 1 - Open SetPoint
2 - Select "7 - Forward Button" or "8 - Back Button"
3 - In the "Select Task" list, select "Other"
4 - After you select "Other" you will see the "Select Function" button. Click it.
5 - You will be presented with a drop-down list of functions. Select "Generic Button", which is the 2nd option.
6 - Repeat for the Back button or Forward button.

I have attached a screenshot.

-- Joe

Link (http://forums.logitech.com/pe/forums/displaypost.jsp?postID=10120848)

There are a few other links I came across, all of which gave the same solution as the above.

Although all the people who were having the same problem said that this solution worked, I think I am missing something. Because when I reach the "Select 'Generic Button'" step, there's nothing more I can do to actually assign the function Alt+Left/Right Arrow button.

I am using:

SetPoint software version 2.11, and driver version 2.11.459.
FireFox PR 1.0

Hope someone can help, thanks.

-Fahad

Shinova
10-29-2004, 02:55 AM
Try using the mouse without the SetPoint drivers. That's what I do, and the back+forward, and cruise buttons work fine (only the app-change button doesn't).

Fahad
10-29-2004, 02:58 AM
thanks for the reply.

though, the SetPoint drivers are what I'm using, version 2.11

jcbray
10-29-2004, 03:13 AM
Err, he said to try without the setpoint drivers, incase you misread that, which from your answer i think you did. *shrugs*

j9k_80
10-29-2004, 06:13 AM
I don't know if you already like to use the wheel click for something else, but I've always liked assigning shift to the wheel click. then you hold down the wheel and scroll back and forward through your history.

Doesn't really answer your question, but its something to try.

maxrelics
10-29-2004, 06:22 AM
what that guy said seemed to work fine. Also you can assign the key strokes alt+right and alt+left

leas5040
10-29-2004, 09:08 AM
Or you could use the Mouse gestures extension for firefox.

imashination
10-29-2004, 11:23 AM
I took my mx1000 back a few days ago. Half the buttons cant be configured, back/forward dont work in anything else but IE and when you put the mouse down it takes half a second before it works.

Shinova
10-29-2004, 11:50 AM
I took my mx1000 back a few days ago. Half the buttons cant be configured, back/forward dont work in anything else but IE and when you put the mouse down it takes half a second before it works.

Did you use the SetPoint drivers like the guy in the OP did?

Fahad
10-29-2004, 12:42 PM
Err, he said to try without the setpoint drivers, incase you misread that, which from your answer i think you did. *shrugs*
Oops, yes I did missread, thanks for clarifying. I'll try it.

Fahad
10-29-2004, 12:50 PM
believe it or not it worked! before i even restarted the pc.

thanks for the tip Shinova, and the clarification jcbray :thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 06:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.