PDA

View Full Version : Multi Spline to Single Spline Conversion

Solace9
10-28-2004, 10:22 PM
In using the Bezier tool, multiple splines are created at each of the placement nodes. This gets in the way of using something like: Rail Smoothshift. So, how can one make these multiple splines turn into one single spline, matching the visual curve?

Kind regards,
Micah

SplineGod
10-28-2004, 10:31 PM
Select all the splines and hit shift + z (polygon merge)

Solace9
10-29-2004, 02:12 AM
Clean and simple; brings a smile to my face.
Thanks Larry!

-Micah

SplineGod
10-29-2004, 10:26 AM
Thanks! You can also split splines the same way you split polys too. :)

HanDron
10-29-2004, 05:23 PM
While on the subject of manipulating bezier curves/splines, I constantly run into problems trying to manipulate a single one and accidently creating a new one. Is there a way to backup and remove the new curve while being able to continue to stretch the original one? Where is it exactly that you are supposed to put your mouse to drag the ends without creating a new one? I will manage them fine for about 4 or 5 of them then suddenly I lose my "zone". In other words, I will create a bezier, begin moving the ends, the suddenly I've created a new curve. I could swear that I am clicking on the small circle at the end in the same spot as always but sometimes it creates a new curve. Help please.

SplineGod
10-29-2004, 06:26 PM
The bezier tool is pretty much one shot. You cant undo it and have the bezier controls pop up. I typically dont use bezier splines anyways myself. :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 06:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.