PDA

View Full Version : Is there hardware or software I can add to help my lightwave rendertime?

justin_ware71
10-28-2004, 05:49 PM
I have the 2 dual Xeon's, which are fast but i still need something to see my animation results faster. some input would be much appreciated.

byanfu
10-28-2004, 06:46 PM
Do you have Fprime?

justin_ware71
10-28-2004, 06:55 PM
yes, i am actually getting that today, as we speak. I know that will help me out alot but it doesn't render volumetrics. I read about the pure card the other day and i was wandering if it was compatible with lightwave. If it is not, is there anything out there for lightwave that is similar to the pure card

Vertizor
10-28-2004, 07:27 PM
You say you're doing animations right? Get another computer and network them together. Then do a search, or read the manual on how to use ScreamerNet. The cool thing about LW is that you get unlimited render nodes, so you can build a render farm of any size you can afford. But each computer will only be rendering one frame at a time. So if you're rendering an animation this would help you greatly. Still frames however won't benefit from network rendering.

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 06:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.