PDA

View Full Version : Stripe releases his first video tutorial free.

olblue
10-27-2004, 10:37 PM
Stripe (ZB guru and all round decent chap) has released the first part today of his new tutorials set for ZB 2, which will show you the end to end process to model a complete complex character in real time. First up, if you havent seen CGStripe's work (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=181616 ) then you should take a look. Second, its free, third... it has Voiceover.

http://www.3d-palace.com/video.php?vid=61

http://www.3d-palace.com/modules/gallery/albums/userpics/28867/show.jpg

Quick pointer #1 - Register is www.3d-palace.com/forums (http://www.3d-palace.com/forums) - click REGISTER
Quick pointer #2 - Codec is on the index main page for the forums (TSCC)
Quick Pointer #3 - As the additional parts come in, they will be added. I will augment this thread with images from it as well as possible use of emphatic words like "amazing"...etc.

EDITED - to add link to information about part two of this great set on page 4 - http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?p=1699931&posted=1#post1699931

Enjoy :)

hardev
10-28-2004, 08:38 AM
at last, zbrush video tutorials with voiceover!!! thanks cris, 3d-palace rocks!!

olblue
10-29-2004, 01:16 AM
quick note to let our mac using chums know that this is now mac compatible too.

cris

kyrt
10-30-2004, 10:41 AM
sry, where is the link.

sallythai
10-30-2004, 04:31 PM
i got the avi file but i can't play it any body have any idea

DrBloodmoney
10-30-2004, 04:59 PM
sry, where is the link.
You have to register at 3d-palace first. After that you will see a button at the top of their site for Tutorials. It's under there.

Elliotjnewman
10-30-2004, 05:24 PM
the movie thats supposed to work on OSX doesnt, tried in: quicktime, mplayer, graphic converter and none worked, have all the latest codecs for quicktime.

Downloading the avi file and running it through Divx docter 2 or WMP.

Elliotjnewman
10-30-2004, 05:48 PM
well the avi doesnt work under OSX either...

Dennis Wsten
10-30-2004, 06:14 PM
Quicktime: wy to fast!
Divx docter 2: Who?
WMP: Doesn't play at all!

Where's the codec?

BizzaroCloud
10-30-2004, 08:52 PM
Download the TSCC codec here...

http://www.techsmith.com/products/studio/codecdownload.asp

i dunno if DivX has anything to do with it. I had this problem yesterday and this codec fixed it

Dennis Wsten
10-30-2004, 10:46 PM
Thanks (my browser is working again)! I love the tutorial and I love the update (I have a collection of animated tutorials which first didn't work but now 60% does)!!!

Thanks a lot! ;)

Elliotjnewman
10-31-2004, 03:34 AM
BizzaroCloud - those downloads are exe files, so if you a talking with reference to OSX, then how can a codec work if its exe???

BizzaroCloud
10-31-2004, 03:54 AM
oh sorry, if i find one for OSX i will let you know. I am a windows user, tho i would love a mac, hold on a few, i'll see if i can find one

BizzaroCloud
10-31-2004, 03:57 AM
download the En........ whatever one, the only one for OSX there is, it should work then, it's the codec for quicktime

http://www.techsmith.com/download/alternate.asp

olblue
10-31-2004, 10:14 AM
The codecs held on techsmith is I presume a small self installing package for the Mac operating system. Have a search to make sure you get the right one off techsmith if you are unsure.

Having never used a mac we are slightly out of our water here, however we realise that there is a large communuty of Mac users that are enjoying pixelogics baby and therefore wish to learn how to use it using tutorials.

Enjoy

Cris

Elliotjnewman
10-31-2004, 01:28 PM
the En codec worked fine. Thanks.

Very usefull video, explains things in a simple way which is ideal, really looking forward to the next one!

Many thanks.

BizzaroCloud
10-31-2004, 05:27 PM
www.digital-tutors.com

Has very good basics for beginners, i watched them last night

JHarford
10-31-2004, 06:29 PM
spedX: If you bothered to read the text going with the video, you will note there will be further videos on zbrush, where much nicer models will be created. The video was about interface training , therefore it was unnessesairy to sculpt anything 'legendary'.
Apologies for not explaining that one bit very well, but im sure that anyone could see what was happening.
Dropping the toolbars dropdowns on the canvas is the best way for me to load them up.
In future if you want to teach the zbrush community the 'right', way. Then create videos yourself.

Trog
10-31-2004, 06:32 PM
sweet! It's cool you took the time out to create some. Keep them coming!

olblue
11-01-2004, 12:54 AM
Thanks Jaco for the post to clear this up. It can be sometimes tricky getting into a debate about a tutorial in the middle of a thread on another site's forums. To clear this all up at our end;

The entire set is free, all parts. I apologise that the 3d-palace download system does not keep a record of the file size however this is a code issue and something to be dealt with by the site coder when I can afford to have it fixed (which, when you are running a site with a 80%+ free tutorial range (thats over 600 tutorials incidentaly) takes a while unfortunately ).

Regarding the tutorial coming off topic a little, 3d-palace has a forumla that is not replicated on other sites, probably out of common sense, in that we have an end to end inspired approach. If we say you are going to learn to make something, then we show everything :) This is what leads to 11 hour long tutorials sets like the Sci Fi Docks for example and many other fun sets. I am not here to drive methodology based tutorials into peoples heads, thats for Papa, Jason, Alex and all the other guys that offer a damn fine slice of learning pie to do. I offer the approach based learning by example, as do my tutorials authors. What this means is of course that you get long tutoriials specific to a tailored approach favoured by the artist doing the showing. In Stripe's case he is methodical and it shows in his tutorial, however to break up what could be called monotony he then lapsed into a doodle to show off some of the power that the end tutorial result is going to give you.

So, where next? Well with Stripe's talent I am hoping to bring out a range of free learning sets, as I promised Jaime at Pixelogic that I would. We do not mind at all that other people do the same, fair play to them, all we ask is that we are allowed to enjoy educating our own 20,000 members and at the same time spreading the free learning to the trillion or so members on cgtalk.

Now, its 1am nearly and I have a hankering for that beer that Jac0 mentioned. Stripe is working on the remainder of that tutorial (talented and methodical bloke, and good at making tutorials too.), I am working on my Max sets, Squid is working on XSI sets, Alex on concept art and of course we are still looking for a new Maya tutorials author. Pay is non existant however its all the polygons you can eat.

Chow and happy haloween!

Cris

sforsyth
11-01-2004, 01:41 PM
Geez, try and help a community out a little... Stripe, I hope this doesn't put you off creating more of these videos, I found it very interesting and am looking forward to the next ones.

hobo
11-01-2004, 02:53 PM
I'll second that, 40mb well worth it, thx.

meats
11-02-2004, 10:46 PM
[edited]

Olblue and Stripe - thanks for posting the vid, the community appreciates it.

SheepFactory
11-03-2004, 02:15 AM
Please dont bother replying to spedx as he is banned and cant write back.

Please carry on..

Zerflag
11-03-2004, 06:02 AM
and there was great rejoicing... (yay)

olblue
11-03-2004, 02:50 PM
....ok.... Now that the smoke has settled, announcing part two of the series. This one is an informative overview ,with example, on using one of the really useful tools of Zbrush; Stencils.

Description

This tutorial is 11 megs long for PC version and 15 megs for Mac. It is free to download (as are all the ZBrush ones in this set) and it will show you (if you do not allready know) how to use and understand stencils in Zbrush.

Please do not download this if you are going to get confused that you allready know how to use stencils, then start a big ol forum rant...etc etc ;)

There is a PC version as you will have guessed, encoded using the TSCC codec, and a Mac version which is in Mov format. Any questions, please feel free to contact us via the 3d-palace forums or via here.

http://www.3d-palace.com/modules/gallery/albums/userpics/28867/pic.jpg

Url to the relevant download area is ; http://www.3d-palace.com/video.php?vid=61

Register is at ; http://www.3d-palace.com/forums

On a side note, thanks to the cgtalk mods for liberating this thread again and respects to Meat, Sheep n Jac0.

Squid3d
11-03-2004, 02:55 PM
pc version is 11mb
mac version is 15mb

running time is around 9 minutes.

:)

aurick
11-03-2004, 06:28 PM
This thread was temporarily hijacked by trollish behavior. The member at fault has been banned, and the thread cleaned as much as possible. In the course of doing this, it was necessary for me to remove or modify quite a few posts by other members. My apologies to everyone who had their words removed in this manner -- it was only done because without the trollish posts the responses didn't make sense anymore.

In the future, please keep in mind that the best way to stop such disruptive behavior is to simply ignore it. Don't give the offender anything to respond to! Instead, every post here at CGTalk has a "caution sign" icon in the lower left corner. Clicking on that will refer the post to the moderators and ensure that we know about the potentially bad situation. I'd like to recommend that any time you see a post that potentially violates the forum rules, you use that feature to silently alert the moderating team to the problem instead of responding within the thread. :)

Anyway, back to the subject at hand: I'd like to thank Stripe for his excellent tutorial. I'm sure that I'm not alone in looking forward to the remaining tutorials in the series!

NSXbomb
11-03-2004, 06:51 PM
Thank you Stripe for yet another amazing tutorial!

With any luck, I'll have Zbrush figured out by the end of the day thanks to you!

Keep up the good work Stripe and please PM me if you have anything you'd like to share off topic that can help me learn Zbrush.

Best Wishes peeps, keep on learnin!

-NSXB

one more thing... Thanks to the MOD for doing your job, it's a tough one, this. Sorry if I got wrapped up in the deletions but it bumbed me out that anyone would say anything but positive comments about a free and helpful tutorial.

davijin
11-03-2004, 07:12 PM
great tut stripe. I cant wait to see the next vid. big ups to 3d-palace and ol blue for hosting free vid tuts for the cg community. your work is greatly appreciated. and thx to the cgtalk mods for removing the negativity from this thread. you guys do a great job.

cresshead
11-20-2004, 09:55 PM
3d palace is "poo"...i can't be doing with wasting my life going round in circles enter in passwords getting nowhere on the rubbish site.........i gave up trying to get the z brush tutorials and went off and placed an order on digital producers site instead..at least i got what i wanted done......

can the artist who made the tutorials host the tutorial on another site that doesn't send viewers in circles on the website....even put it on turbosquid as a "buy it product" would be fine..i simply detest owners of websites that make viewers website trips a nightmare.

disgusted at the poor exicutuion of the website...confuses and annoys viewers...

scrap it and make a new one or continue to lose people.

...oh and your send new password didn't work either...had to create a new account...and still couldn't get ther videos.............rubbish!

davijin
11-21-2004, 12:20 AM
3d palace is "poo"...i can't be doing with wasting my life going round in circles enter in passwords getting nowhere on the rubbish site.........i gave up trying to get the z brush tutorials and went off and placed an order on digital producers site instead..at least i got what i wanted done......

can the artist who made the tutorials host the tutorial on another site that doesn't send viewers in circles on the website....even put it on turbosquid as a "buy it product" would be fine..i simply detest stupit owners of websites that make viewers website trips a nightmare.

disgusted at the poor exicutuion of the website...confuses and annoys viewers...

scrap it and make a new one or continue to lose people.

...oh and your send new password didn't work either...had to create a new account...and still couldn't get ther videos.............rubbish!
man sorry you had such problems with the site. Ive never had problems downloading or registering on 3d palace since I found it. only question I have is if you every tried asking anyone about problems with the site like on irc (#3d-palace on irc.freenode.net) or just pming Ol_blue (site owner) or Stripe (tutorial author) about your problems with the site. im sure they could have easily helped you cure your problems with the site.

cheers,
davi

olblue
11-21-2004, 01:17 AM
Ok, heres some help for you.

1. log in via the forums.
2. When you log in click "Keep me logged in"
3. If you are having problems with the downloading application, searching the forums brings you several helpful threads that suggest that you disable the firewall or popup blockers for 3d-palace.

On a side note, I am neither stupid nor is my site poo (very witty Mr Wilde). 3d-Palace has some 22,000 members and you are the first one to complain in this manner. The email you sent to my personal address that I just discovered was also rude and abrasive. I reccomend that if you are to be successful in your freelance career at your site and in selling models on Turbosquid you may want to look into getting some skills in talking to people.

Cris

decembermoon
11-21-2004, 07:57 AM
thanks for the your effort , the tutorial is really great , also thanks for the rest of the tutorial.

cresshead
11-21-2004, 09:11 AM
this what i get........

1.hey look at the fantastic tutorial....over on 3d palace..
2.click link
3....choose download...
4.error you must be signed in..
5...try to sign in...can't remember password so asked for password to be sent to my email address...
6.nothing turns up...
7.wait 10 mins..
8.still nothing...
9.creat a new account...
10.error..this email address is already taken....
11.re create account with a alternative emal address
12.success...now signed in...
13.go to tutorial link [top of page]
14.find z brush video
15.click download
16...popup box appears
17.choose your connection speed...
18.choose 56k
19.error you must be signed in...or a sponsor
22.sign in again...
22.go to tutorial link [top of page]
23.find z brush video
24.click download
25...popup box appears
26.choose your connection speed...
27.choose 56k
28..error you must be signed in...or a sponsor

ad infinitem...............

....?????

maybe you need a tutorial page on how to use the website?

i have had zero problems on all other download links such as 3dbuzz,newtek,discreet...

so what is your site up to?

end of line

cresshead
11-21-2004, 10:45 AM
update...

not one to give up completely..and since we're have a discussion going here...

i can only get a file if i use your downloader app...so why/what is the "download" button?

for whom or what connection status is the download button going to work?

the downloader seems to work but i have no idea how big any of the files are...

also what is the difference between the mac and orther downloads??

here's what i'd implement if it were my website....

1.ALWAYS put the size of the files in .mb next to the files names..

2.make it plain and SIMPLE that to get a download you need to only use the downloader...it's not an OPTION it's absolutley NEEDED to get a file to download.

3.make it TOTALLY CLEAR why there's a mac option for a video file...i still do not understand why there's a mac and "normal" download as mac's can play techsmith codec files no problem at all including avi files...

i'd like to hear your replies on this..and hopfully make your website much better for your customers.

JHarford
11-21-2004, 11:09 AM
Hi there, this is stripe , the tutorial author,
Im sorry you had trouble accesing the tut on 3d-palace, you are honestly the first to complain about the download system. If you login to the website normally and havent got some weird cookie broswer setup, there should be no problem.
You will be lucky to recieve any genuine help from hereon becuase of the immature and offensive way you bought this up. You do yourself no favours.
If ol_blue or others decide to help you it is up to them.

Furthermore, these tutorials ARE for and distributed from 3d-palace, so they will not be hosted elsewhere.

olblue
11-21-2004, 11:26 AM
This is the second time that this thread has been trolled. First time was complaining about the tutorials not having a description, now an attack on the site.

Look, you NEED to accept the 3d-palace site cookie, it runs using cookies for authentication so if you are not authenticaed via the cookie then it will not validate you downloading.

In addition mac files cannot play techsmith files unless they are encoded using the ensharpen codec. We re-encoded them to Mac format seperately as they are slightly larger to give the end user an option.

Also, the downloader is going for good anyway. That exe was there as a test anyway. I was not happy with its performance. Even though palace is not a profits making site I have a coder working on a new downloads system which should be ready within the week.

Fourthly, dont bother coming back if you dont like it. If all you are going to do is complain about my site format then I really would rather you stayed away. I can easily send you a copy of your password. 3d-Palace filters sites that have IP's affiliated to spam which is why you probably didnt get an email response. Hotmail, yahoo and other ip linked sites are blocked from sending out as they are a massive source of good old nutricious spam. Thats why you are automatically regged when you first register a nick.

Its good that you took time to write out the list of things you did to access the site as I can look at what you did wrong;

5...try to sign in...can't remember password so asked for password to be sent to my email address...
6. Pop onto 3d-palace IRC chat and ask one of the moderators there what to do.
7. Problem is resolved and I can download video.
8. Ask out of interest the video size.
9 moderator tells you politely what the size of the video is
10. You get the video.

Those 4 additional steps would have prevented all of this you know. We have a support channel in existance to help and assist people to download the free video tutorials.

Now, if you want me to recode the site then thats fine, however I only charge Sponsor Membership nowto pay bandwidth costs. To pay for a php recode that is estimated in the "Lots of money" range I would need to probably charge for free membership as well. We are a free service for 70% of our tutorials, a lot of people use the tutorials for their first footsteps in their app of choice and I take my tutorials all the way from a beginner to the application all the way to some seriously complex creations. If you have an idea how to raise about 2000 for a site overhaul (all the work was donated free by two coders) then let me know however. You can complain in this thread all you like however when it comes down to it, theres nothing I can do.

3d-Palace was set up as a site to share some tutorials I made with friends. Its now the largest video tutorials archive in Europe. Its great that all the people are on the site, and they are all welcome, however the archtecture for the site was never in place to subsribe everyone. Initially it ran on phpNuke, then to a customised version of phpBB, there is a new code in the offing however if you are getting something free you have to expect to wait.

In the meantime please stop making this fuss about your problems in getting two video tutorials. If being unable to get two free videos has made you go all the way to paying for a DVD / CD then thats your problem to be honest. You only need to ask in the support channel and you would be helped.

Cris

cresshead
11-21-2004, 11:49 AM
okay you and i are in aggreement that there are quite a few things that would make the website more user friendly, unfortunatley it would cost you a considerable sum of money to add a .mb size note to each file or make them "download friendly"...without sending emails or going onto forums to find out from others what size a file is or just why it refuses to download...a faq. would help users in their frustrating attempts at trying to second guess what to do .

as to my note to you and on this forum..you have to take one step back and ask yourself this question?

why did steve take the time to send an "angry note" to you and on this forum?

my reason for doing so, was out of frustration when on your website trying to do what i percieved as a very simple task.."downloading a free video" and having to re register yet still not getting any files to download...

do you think i'm the only one ever to experience problems with using your website?...i don't think i am..yes i was rude in my reply..but it got job done..it got you to sit up and notice that there are potential users who are NOT having a good experience on your website..i'd hazzard a guess that other visitors just gave up and looked elsewhere for free/payfor videos etc...i simply hi lighted an issue...what you do with it is up to you..at least you are now aware that when/if you can overhaul your website there are certain things that would make it a much better visit..and boost your users too.

telling me that i really should have gone to a forum and asked what to do is a very odd thing...surly all the info on what to do should be on the site itself and not have to rely on sending emails to other users to try n find out what to do...remember all the thing was about was getting a free video to download!...bizzare!...and i still have no videos yet...

maybe a free site with a link on file sizes, FAQ would solve many issues at no cost to you..

just a thought.

JHarford
11-21-2004, 12:08 PM
fee site?

3d-palace rocks

I'm sorry but you are in no place to give advice or even critique
when your views on what makes a great website are seriously flawed.

I suggest you go back to max for another 5 years and stay out this thread and 3d-palace.

YankyBJeans
11-21-2004, 12:14 PM
cresshead,

I was browsing your Turbosquid offerings and was wondering why you need to use tutorials from 3D-palace when you obviously know what you are doing? The detail and skill found in your models is truly masterfull. I would like to enlist your services if possible, particularly in motion caputre. Get ahold of me asap.

Yanky

Tagger
11-21-2004, 12:25 PM
about the filesizes, our maxcomunity has taken matters in their own hands and made a list of all the filesizes and put it on the forums, we were very happy with this initiative and stickied the thread. ... if the zbrush comunity will get filled with people that complain (and i know that's not the case, there are some good zbrush users on there) and want everything to be done for them ... ok, so be it

i KNOW ol_blue works on the site 24/7 providing you people with free tutorials and keep the site going. if there's any bug/error on the site he's always doing an effort to adress it. so get off his back

getting on other comunities taking a p*ss at 3d-palace is NOT a way to help, as previously stated, the forums, email, irc and all that good technology are there for a reason

cresshead
11-21-2004, 12:33 PM
"blind leading the blind"

R1PPER
11-21-2004, 12:34 PM
Id just like to Say thanks for the Vids....perfectly timed...as im about to start playing around with Z. :thumbsup:

JHarford
11-21-2004, 12:40 PM
ok 'cresshead' , you obviously are looking to get banned.
You are in no place to comment on my tutorials, 3d palace's website or download system. Your work is sub- '95 standard. And your website design is frankly unusable.
Reported to a mod now, becuase you are simply trolling the thread.

cresshead
11-21-2004, 12:59 PM
re:

ok 'cresshead' , you obviously are looking to get banned.
...incorrect..i'm trying to help and offer advice..after my frustrated first email all the following email's have offered constructive advice for the website to make it a good website experience in the future.

You are in no place to comment on my tutorials, .
..correct!..i still can't get the videos!

...3d palace's website or download system.
incorrect..as a viewer of the website i can offer my thoughts on it's ergonomics and user interaction.

Reported to a mod now, becuase you are simply trolling the thread.
...no..i don't like lord of the rings much...but i'm no troll...i'm only 5'9".

Your work is sub- '95 standard.
..no...my stuff on t squid is my throwaway stuff..that's what's t squid is for...and as i earn my living teaching 3d/video editing and compositing at two colleges in the u.k i feel i can say with some confidence what i feel is true.

And your website design is frankly unusable.
...have you tried to download any of my videos?...the compsiting video?..should work fine!
if not please say what is not working for you and i'll see if i can edit the site to make it a much more enjoyable experience for you.

thank you.

steve g

ZeroNeuro
11-21-2004, 01:01 PM
Personally I think that 3D Palace is a great site and the tutorial was great as well.

The community needs these intermediate sites. Seems that most of the sites out there are applicaiton specific and it is nice to see some variety.

cresshead: Also, think about it this way: Is it their responsibility to keep track of your personal and private password when you forget it?

Keep in mind that nobody is getting paid, and no payment has been made to gain access to the material.

I think that some discretion should be used when you network with others. More than half of the job in the 3d industry, is the ability to communicate with others. This skill is vital.

olblue
11-21-2004, 01:11 PM
Just a quick reply to say that I am stepping back from this thread as I do not wish to be associated with what appears to be a thread invasion from Cresshead. This thread was in place to inform the CGtalk viewers of Stripe's new tutorial and is not here in order for you to advocate your own slamming of my site. I would ask politely that you decline from ruining this thread any more than has been allready done and also ask that you do not use my site any more as it would appear that even after offering you assistance you still refuse to go through the channels I have in place and because of your post I have had to set aside working on a large project in order to keep an eye on what is being said for the morning.

Many thanks.

Cris

cresshead
11-21-2004, 01:14 PM
RE:cresshead: Also, think about it this way: Is it their responsibility to keep track of your personal and private password when you forget it?

maybe not but they do have a system that say's it will retrieve your old password and email it to you..it didn't...so i made a new account...

as initially angry as i was..it's a shame that some refuse to see that they could improve their website or even admit they have any problems in it's design...

if you feel i've been unjust in my comments feel free to ban me..it will not change my position on what i believe would make a better experience for the users of 3d palace.

i think at this point that the owner has a very valid point..i'll simply agree to disagree and drop out of any more comments here as it's not the ideal place for it....maybe one day i'll get to see this video...I would love to honestly.

sorry for the intrusion.

steve g

Tagger
11-21-2004, 03:10 PM
let me also put one final post about this subject by saying

it's not the fact that you point out errors that bugs us, it's not the fact that you have problems downloading the video's that bugs us. if you have problems we would have been happy to help you out. it's the fact that you publicly dissed 3d-palace site on another comunity without us ever have seen any PM, and irc message, any post in our forums, let it be the regular chat forum or the forum "moan grumble mutter" that adresses such problems, nor a mail stating your problem in a polite fashion. we never claimed 3d-palace is bugfree, we simply dont like the tone you adressed them without showing any respect to the people involved.

cresshead
11-21-2004, 03:51 PM
____________________ end of line

meats
11-21-2004, 04:31 PM
Thanks for bowing out, cresshead. Any more and I would have considered you a troll.
Your opinion is stated, no need to beat a dead horse.

aurick
11-21-2004, 05:41 PM
I see that Meats beat me to this, so I will only add the following: This thread is not the place to be discussing or debating things like the quality of the website. Such matters should be handled via private correspondence.

Thanks.

olblue
11-21-2004, 06:28 PM
Thanks to mods for the extreme patience that this thread seems to have required. I've had some 600 or so other video tutorials and the ZB ones seem to have provoked the most argument... no idea why.

surripere
11-21-2004, 06:55 PM
Noticed that the two "Mac version" video links are actually both pointing to the first video.

Do you have a link to the second video?

olblue
11-21-2004, 07:06 PM
Very odd. fixing that now, many thanks :)

edit. Fixed that one. Cudos for noticing.

Cris

Dodger_
11-22-2004, 06:59 PM
Problem with 3D-Palace logins as I see it:

If you login via the upper right corner of the website, it takes you to the forums and you're logged in. However, if you click back out to tutorials or somewhere else, you are not logged in. As if the the cookie, that would normally be set when you login to the forums via the forum interface and check the "Log me on automatically each visit", is not set.

If you login via the forum interface by clicking Forums, Log In and then check the box that says "Log me on automatically each visit", you can then successfully click out of the forums and to the Tutorial downloads. However, the main website is still wierd because it looks like there's a space below "Logged In" in the upper right, where it might show your name or something but it's just blank.

Olblue DID describe this method in the first reply to the login problems the other poster was having. I was having the exact same problems until I read his post. But the original poster is correct, something is broken when you don't use the Forum login and check that box because it just keeps making you log in again and does not allow you to download anything.

olblue
11-22-2004, 07:30 PM
Agreed, unless you log in via the forums then its a complete pain in the arse. I'm trying to get the guy that does the site code to update the system for me asap though.

Cris

krazeyhorse
11-23-2004, 02:23 AM
Gotta sort out this site!

Unraveled
11-23-2004, 06:40 AM
It isn't very often you see a thread explode into multiple troll/flame bait over somthing as innocous as a helpful and free contribution to the Zbrush community....

Thanks for the vids & keep em coming! Great stuff.

olblue
11-23-2004, 08:26 AM
Agreed. I explain time and again about the code<>funding issues, and really this has nothing to do with the topic of the original posting anyway. To re-iterate... IF you have a problem then contact me please.

Dodger_
11-23-2004, 03:39 PM
Watched the videos yesterday. They were awesome. Thanks and I'm looking forward to seeing more of them.

mica-ela
12-17-2004, 03:32 PM
3D palace is a great site. I watched all the max and maya tuts. Unfortunatelly, now it is a restricted acces to the site, just when I was in a big need of videotutorials of ZBrush.

That was a disappointement!

But, maybe I want too much...

Still , 3D palace is absolutely great.

cresshead
12-17-2004, 03:44 PM
i have a couple of short free videos on zsphere creation for z brush over on turbosquid you mght want to look at:they are only beginner stuff though.

www.turbosquid.com (http://www.turbosquid.com) use the search word "cresshead" to find my assests and videos on z brush, lightwave and character studio.

cheers
steve g

olblue
12-17-2004, 04:24 PM
Nope, its not closed for free tutorials permentantly, its just having an essential security upgrade at the moment. 3d-Palace has grown now to a point where I have had to add more servers to the array that hosts 3d-palace; Serving over 40 gigabytes of tutorials to 25,000 members can use quite a lot of resources ;)

However, a benefit of the new expansion and security is that we will have room for more free tutorials, which is just as well as there are currently quite a few (well over 10 gigs) tutorials headed for palace over the next month or two. As well as that we are adding a couple of special new features and also releasing a few of our very popular large dvds (the modelling segment for the new one is currently 17.8 gigs - after compression it will be hopefully about 10, however we are looking at about 3 DVDs this time round once Animation and texturing are added.)

Stripe is working with me on a nice Max / ZBrush crossover at the moment, a rather nice piece that I know people will enjoy, in addition Enoch and Jon are working on XSI tutorials, Alex is working on his new painter sets, Im finishing up some new modelling segs for Max and we also have some rather nice Modo and Silo tutorials coming.

Anything else? Probably, jsut cant think of it. I will be pestering the crap out of my coder though to get 3d-palace up and running for free tutorials as fast as he can. In the meantime, please enjoy this plate of complimentary cookies.

Cris

Lotus7
12-17-2004, 10:27 PM
hey awesome work with 3d palace!! i saw both tuts and they are great for begginers!! ill be waiting for more zbrush tuts! :thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 06:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.