PDA

View Full Version : WIP: The French Pilot

dickma
10-27-2004, 05:24 PM
Hi all,

This is my latest work, the French pilot.

Texture not done... so just give me some comments.

dickma
11-03-2004, 06:05 PM
OMG... nobody reply this thread...

Anyway, this is the result after rigging and morphing, with cloth fx... but not textured yet.

I have a question here about cloth fx.

Can I save the result of the calculation of cloth fx, then use it as the first frame, and recalculate it? I know 7.5 can but I am not familiar with 8.

andreas-V
11-04-2004, 01:06 AM
I like this pilot!
Good modeling and nice details.Well done!

irwit
11-04-2004, 10:12 AM
Cool model!!! i really like cartoon styles in 3d when their done right, like yours. Hehe enough of giving you a big head. Only very minor crits. in the winking pose theres a strange crease next to his nose, also his cheeks looks really sharp and in your face, but this is more just personal taste.

Pengy
11-04-2004, 04:00 PM
Heh, heh... that second pic looks like Michael Schumaker..

Take it easy

dickma
11-04-2004, 05:56 PM
Thanks all.

well this is his air fighter, I called it "HILARIOUS"

The shark's head and general plane concept is from Pierre Salazar, France (Thanks:love: )

Further development is by me of course.

model not finished yet and and need to enhance more....I am not familar with mechanics so it is too organic and not textured yet. I would like to model it more classic than modern.

Do anyone answer me about the cloth fx problems? Thankyou.

private
11-05-2004, 03:22 AM
Nice plane. I'm currently working on one too, actually semi-similar with a shark theme to it.

dickma
11-06-2004, 12:30 PM
An enhanced modelling and texturing of the shark fighter, the "HILARIOUS"

Thanks for further enhancement by Pierre

The model is still in developing and stay tune.:)

dickma
11-08-2004, 12:51 PM
This is the garage interior... in WIP. Testing on lighting, materials, and the capabilities of putting them together... as we are responsible for different parts.

This time the garage is designed by me.

Comments are welcome.

dickma
11-19-2004, 07:31 PM
The current wip...

Most of the objects are not finished the modelling & texturing process and they are placed for composition and light test only. Comments are welcomed.

(Something I would like to say:...the SG Ambient and TB Skin shader really WORKS! but LW rendering is slowwww...as I enable the light spinning tricks) And I am quite tired to handle the whole scene.)

lenje
11-19-2004, 08:50 PM
Nice work!:thumbsup:

The lighting of the hangar/garage looks great allready, it realy gives a certain feeling to the scene that I like to see imo.

The shark thing on the plane is a nice idea and looks quite good.

Keep up the good work.

Greetings,
Lens

LFGabel
11-19-2004, 08:51 PM
Great attention to detail! I like it. However two things that have always bothered me about the character is his belt is way to tight and his neck is too long... Maybe it's just me...

omar C
11-19-2004, 09:00 PM
Great attention to detail! I like it. However two things that have always bothered me about the character is his belt is way to tight and his neck is too long... Maybe it's just me...
hi Dick Ma

i have to totaly agree with LFGabe here.

shark fighter is verry cool!

dickma
11-20-2004, 11:18 AM
Thanks guys and gals.

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 06:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.