PDA

View Full Version : Pin-up/Female study.What's wrong?

giza-di
10-27-2004, 05:19 PM
hi, not much to say about it, a demale study experimenting w photoshop and painter...
your views highly appreciated, there is something weird but i can;t get to see what exactly

pose is ok(referenced and adapted), and i am just colour blind--- a few things to keep in mind

any tips on the use of wet acrylics and dig watercolour(painter) are hugely appreciated!!!

Decadence
10-29-2004, 03:15 PM
I'm not so sure about the colors, but as for the figure itself, well, her head is far too big for her body. or vice versa. If you notice, her head is almost as big as her upper torso. Also, the whole figure looks too flat, the head especially so. You should broaden her shoulders as well. Another thing to note is that her forearm is abit too long. The cloth over the forearm looks too stiff.

TheShow
10-29-2004, 06:45 PM
It is a solid image with lots of depth and good colors fo the content. The only thing that caught me off guard is the cloak as it sweeps off to the right - it looked like the right leg when I first saw it. if this area was more transparent I think that would resolve the confusion.

I really like the darkness in the back. Lots of interest there.

Xeroedge
11-01-2004, 10:54 AM
Well ..the thing that really gets me is.....

is that it isn't really a pin-up. [Im talking in the classical sense..]

Its more of like a sci-fi poster ....

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 05:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.