PDA

View Full Version : Wacom and multiple monitors...

L.Rawlins
10-27-2004, 04:33 PM
How does that work?

I'm looking to invest in a shiny new Intuos3 but am curious to know how running two monitors interfers with the Wacoms ability to map to 'a screen'.

Would the Wacom increase sensitivity to motion, to span both monitors in one sweep?

Or would it require two seperate motions, of which the end of the first one would move the pointer from the side of one monitor to the beginning point of the other?

Individual mapping? 'Span mapping'? Or would it just not work, and if not.... why?! :shrug:

Thanks. :D

brzilian
10-27-2004, 07:37 PM
Never was an issue for me. It was all seamless actually - using the pad with its standard settings worked just fine.

Schwinnz
10-27-2004, 07:58 PM
They recommend mapping a button to switch between screens. The tablet will adjust to 1 screen only. You could always map it to both at the same time, but you'll ubviously have either a lot of stretching or you'll lose a portion of it.

L.Rawlins
10-28-2004, 05:33 PM
Ok. Thanks for the input. Much appreciated.

heavyness
10-28-2004, 08:32 PM
there are options that come with the Wacom so you can adjust what part of the screen[s] you use. i use it on my left screen, and if i need anything on the right, i use the mouse.

if you do have it span onto both monitors, you will lose surface area on your Wacom, in turn, losing accuracy.

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 06:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.