PDA

View Full Version : Video Transfer

Threedeemer
02-06-2002, 11:15 AM
Can anyone shed some light on a good, yet affordable (less than 1000 dollars) video transfer card. I would like to get one particularily to transfer my quicktime and avi movies onto video tape. So far all I can come up with in my search is the Miromotion DC30. And I'm not 100 percent sure if this can do what I need it to. They always seem to stress video capture, not output to VHS.
Thanks in advance.

alphatron
02-08-2002, 05:45 AM
First off, I'd stay away from the Miro cards.. ever since Pinnacle bought Miro, the drivers and support have become quite awful. Never buy a Pinnacle product.

Secondly, do you have a firewire capable camera? If so you could always buy a $50 Pyro firewire card and render you work or transfer your quicktimes to DV format, then output to camera, and dub from camera to VHS. This is usually the way I do it.

Threedeemer
02-08-2002, 03:43 PM
Hey thanks for the great advice Alphatron. I was contemplating buying a camera like that, now that I know it can be used for vid transfer, I'll look into buying one right away.

CC Rider
02-08-2002, 05:52 PM
I wish I'd known that solution before I bought a DV500 :)

CC Rider
02-08-2002, 05:54 PM
damn keyboard.....I meant :( of course

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 01:39 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.