10-26-2004, 07:36 AM
http://www.polycount.com/cottages/souldesigns/lilith.jpg
http://www.polycount.com/cottages/souldesigns/lilith_01.jpg
http://www.polycount.com/cottages/souldesigns/lilith_02.jpg

699 tris. 256x256 & 128x64

Por@szek
10-26-2004, 08:09 AM
Hi!

Just kick ass. Nice modelling and great texture. You can give her some blood on her face, she is a demon, so the blood is ,I think, nessecery (however someting like that).

You will animate her?? It could be nice -> like blood ryan(?).

Best

eMPeck
10-26-2004, 08:23 AM
Sexy! She looks like BloodRayne indeed (because of red hair and leather clothes). Her skin needs more definitions (maybe some subtle shadows?)

Very impressive texture (almost pixelart), it looks like 2x bigger, and also she looks like she has more polys too. Great work.

4 stars!

kotter
10-26-2004, 08:50 AM
another great piece :)
Love the face of this one.

How long do you spend on one of these models?
It looks like you're using max, would you mind sharing how you get that pixelated texture effect? :)

the_podman
10-26-2004, 09:24 AM
awesome as usual. I go to your site all the time. Just curious, though. Why the recent switch to super low poly budget work? Is it for a project or are you just trying to challenge yourself? perhaps this is a refreshing alternative to those high poly bond characters. :thumbsup:

Still, great stuff.
Your last 2 peices makes me want to dust off and fire up my PS1 again.

-pod
My current crap (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?p=1633694&posted=1#post1633694)

eMPeck
10-26-2004, 09:28 AM
another great piece :)
It looks like you're using max, would you mind sharing how you get that pixelated texture effect? :)
Use low-resolution texture and uncheck filtering in diffuse map in material editor (or in driver settings). I don't have max here, so I may be wrong. But for sure You have to switch off texture filtering.

the_podman
10-26-2004, 09:38 AM
Use low-resolution texture and uncheck filtering in diffuse map in material editor (or in driver settings). I don't have max here, so I may be wrong. But for sure You have to switch off texture filtering.
And if you are using MAYA, under the file texture attributes where it says Filter Type(default is Quadratic), change to OFF.

-pod

ush
10-26-2004, 09:41 AM
Awesome work.:)

Her face is very attractive,and especially her fingers.
It looks that these are made by just plane tries,that's amazing way of thinking,and
this is quite new for me.

Great.:thumbsup:

RasTuS
10-26-2004, 12:20 PM
dude that is tight

what i like to see low rex textuer low count and an awsome character

although it has pail skin should have some tones and shadows in there

5 * from me

but u do need to add the tones

AdamAtomic
10-26-2004, 03:57 PM
awesome as usual - are you sure you're not working on a castlevania title??? Great job! I particularly like the choker and lace linings, great pixel work there, I'm very jealous. The variety of tones in the hair texture makes it look very deep and sexy compared with the rest of the skin.

Any chance of seeing a 3/4 textured view?

Boxsmiley
10-26-2004, 06:15 PM
Awesome! it reminds me of the Succubus from "Castlevania Symphony of the Night"!! Are you sure you aren't working on the new Castlevania that was reported for both the DS, and PSP? :D

Again Nice work!

SpeccySteve
10-26-2004, 07:36 PM
Thats really nice work, like it a lot.

It looks higher poly than I'd expect from 699 tris.

AndyH
10-26-2004, 08:47 PM
Wow! Another triumph for the mighty soul!
Youre well within my top 5 low poly artists in this community!
Looks much higher than the polycount you stated - great topology, and excellent textures as usual! The wings look a bit pixelated, but theyre gonna be moving and flapping about so it wont matter.

Great work once again! How long did it take you?

LordDubu
10-26-2004, 09:28 PM
I love this. If we were on deviantart.com right now I'd add you to my +fav list immediately.

I absolutely love the completeley pigment free skin, that rocks compared to the rich hair and stark black outfit.

One minor, nitpicky crit though. In the rear view shot, her panty crotch is so thin it looks like a string of floss going through her naughties... if you get my meaning.

gasmask
10-27-2004, 04:50 AM
God you do amazing work, everytime you post, man we need more guys like you in games. Have any advice on getting started on low poly characters or know any good tutorials, ive always been a hard surface guy and ur the best, anyways, keep up the good work man.

dmitriy_k
10-27-2004, 06:08 AM
Wow! I love the character it looks great especially for such a lowpoly. Texture looks awsome.

florian
10-27-2004, 02:21 PM
WOW
699polys and still sexy :thumbsup:
Every pixel fits perfectly.

no idea what to critique...make more of them ;)

SouL
10-27-2004, 07:30 PM
Hey thanks.

She did not take long to put together. About a day for the modeling and a day for the UVW/Textures.

Heh. It's be awesome if I was working on a Castlevania title.

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 05:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.