PDA

View Full Version : *newbie question* Render in Modeler?

takkun
02-06-2002, 10:51 AM
This is probably an extremely dumb question but here goes- How do you do a quick preview render in modeler? I've scoured the manual but haven't found any mention. I'm pretty sure that there isn't any way but I'd thought I'd ask.

JacquesD
02-06-2002, 01:06 PM
No, you don't render in the modeler, as it says, the modeler is to model only.
The layout is where you do textures, lights, animations, particles... and rendering.

raffael3d
02-06-2002, 01:13 PM
You have to know that this is the special thing in LightWave that you have actually two softwares: Modeler and Layout. In Modeler, as it says you can only model. To make a render you have to send your object to Layout and there you can make a render with pressing F9. In Modeler (depending on the version you have, at least 6.0) then in each window you have these arrows on the top of the wokring windows. One is for selecting the view (right, front, back, perspective etc.) just besides that button there is another one. There you can choose the view style. So if you alredy textured your object you choose "textured", if you have a subpatch model switch to "smooth". Just try the different styles. If you are coming from another software then it is maybe confusing that modeler and renderer/animation are not in the same software. But in my opinion it really makes sense.
If you have more questions feel free to ask.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 01:39 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.