PDA

View Full Version : New FREE Shake Training Video: How to build the apple iPod Commercials

wavesmack
10-25-2004, 06:27 PM
New FREE Shake Training Video: How to build the apple iPod Commercials

You have all seen the apple iPod tv commercials. Well now learn how to build them in just a few short easy steps. This lesson dictates the use of CFC Keylight with Various color correction tools. Download this free, large, wide format movie from:

http://www.cmivfx.com.

Larry_g1s
10-25-2004, 07:33 PM
iPod ? What's that? :curious:
...I kid, I kid. :p
Thanks for the link, those commercials are pretty cool.

alexyork
10-25-2004, 07:44 PM
awesome guys! your videos are fantastic - I learnt Shake purely from watching them - keep up the good work and thanks for a free one!

alexyork
10-25-2004, 09:32 PM
by the way, you can download the Ipod ad from the apple site and then use the footage to re-key out their BG plate and comp it back over your own colour/plate if you want - great practice! (disclaimer: obviously just for learning purposes, and not commercial). I've made a few pretty cool variations using their footage this way. great fun!

ps. just watched the tutorial - very cool stuff. I'll be buying your Advancing Keying for Shake DVD as soon as my loan comes through.

Saurus
10-26-2004, 04:56 PM
The masking out the girl and blackening her out is the easy part, but I like to know what technique they used to show the Ipod cable. It's very doable, but tricky and time consuming from a compositing side. Probably easier if the cable was done in 3D using dynamic.

Saurus

alexyork
10-26-2004, 07:05 PM
i heard on the grapevine the cables were painted in afterwards frame-by-frame. not sure if it's true, but if it is... wow.

Saurus
10-26-2004, 08:28 PM
Yeah...I heard a farm of G5s was used to render the cable....wow!:eek:

Saurus

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.