PDA

View Full Version : Character: Healer

tantoedge
10-25-2004, 05:37 PM
This character was built for a HL2 mod currently in development and I've been in dire need of some critique.
I've been told he looks cartoonish, or inhuman but that doesn't help too much.

If anybody can pinpoint where I can make the topology better reflect realism...

Note: I'm still tweaking as I go, and the shoulders are modeled pulled back for rigging purposes.

He's lanky, but fit (I'll be pushing the belly in and chest out. alpha male). Prince of Persia pants but without the Fluff. Cloth wrapped shins and feet, not boots.

Goon
10-25-2004, 05:56 PM
mkay...while you might have topology problems with the face, I can't tell. The screenshot isn't in shaded mode, so everything is jumbled together.

But your main problem is proportions. Everything from the head to the toes is misproportioned for realism. Plus, the shapes are off as well. Hands don't look like that. Neither do feet/shoes. Head's aren't that elongated.

I'm not going to give you a detailed crit, because I can't. The screenshot is to unclear, and so much is wrong, that the most effective thing i can say, is pick up an anatomy book and study it.

tantoedge
10-25-2004, 09:33 PM
Fixed the head, fixed the shins, fixed the feet, rotated legs.
This is an in-game model.

I'm looking for further critique concerning proportions, and general body topology.
I am not concerned about facial topology. It's dense, but correct.

http://adp.250free.com/wiphealer01.JPG

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 05:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.