PDA

View Full Version : selecting which texture map shows in viewports

JoeRedstall
08-20-2002, 12:15 PM
Hi all,

I've got a material which has an image texture map in the diffuse and specualr channels, and I want to see the object textured in the viewports. Only problem is it will only show me the specular map and not the diffuse one, is there a way of selecting which map is seen in the viewports ?

Thanks,

Joe

belly80naz
08-20-2002, 01:24 PM
Maybe i've got the solution, but it isn't exactly what do you want.

With the Render Tree open select the texture image that you want to see, create a render region in a viewport and press "p" in the Render Tree, in this mode you have a render of the selected texture.:thumbsup: But I don't know how see the texture that I want in the viewport in Texture mode or Texture decay mode:annoyed:.

eugene_fraxby
08-21-2002, 09:40 AM
find the object in the explorer
click on its material icon to open a ppg (the blue sphere)
at the top of the ppg there are options for hardware texturing....
default is track render tree, which will show the last texture you connected....
if you change this to specific uv pair, you can choose the texture to show from the roll down, and then set which texture coordinates to use.....

a

JoeRedstall
08-21-2002, 10:22 AM
Cheers,

That's exactly what I was after :bounce:

Joe

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.