PDA

View Full Version : Sasquatch Emergency! Help!

Mr Walley
10-25-2004, 04:33 AM
Ok, 3D gurus, I'm kinda new to all this, so bear with me...

I've created a monster character for a project - this monster is fully boned and seems to move and deform fine...until I freeze the NURBs, at which point I get all sorts of weirdness.

<b>But more importantly, once frozen, Sasquatch doesn't seem to wanna apply the fur to specific body surfaces...it'll apply to all fine, but not to specific areas.</b>

Also, can Sasquatch be applied to NURBs? all my earlier fur tests were made using a test object, which worked fine, are my problems due to the fact that my monster is a NURB model??

Thanks

mathius
10-29-2004, 01:47 PM
hey mr walley,
well im not sure how helpful thisll be, but ive experiences similar probs lately with a head im slapping hair on. seems SAS doesnt like this model when in sub-patches, but is happy when frozen. also i had problems applying only to a mapped area...really wierd results. until i made sure the model had no other objects in additional layers saved with it.

try using a frozen model with no additional geometry in any of its layers....
hope you find the answer bud! :thumbsup:

architook
10-29-2004, 06:45 PM
Call or email Worley Labs, their tech support is great.

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 05:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.