PDA

View Full Version : Maxwell Render coming soon

chikega
10-24-2004, 10:59 PM
A new stand-alone renderer is coming into the fray by the same people who brought you Real Wave/Real Flow ... two years in the making. It will be compatible with multiple applications including LW. Looks extremely promising for those who have always wanted another option .... :)

Maxwell Render (http://www.maxwellrender.com/)

Preorder for $395 ... Full Price when released June '05 - $995.

Panikos
10-24-2004, 11:57 PM
Dont want to dissapoint anybody ...
but there is a distance between promises and reality, so till then lets hope

nixx
10-25-2004, 01:27 AM
Yeah, and June '05 is a long way away... Plus LW support is coming "later", so who knows when that is, and who knows what NT/Worley have come up with until then.

Still, it's something to keep an eye on though.

nixx

xiao_x
10-25-2004, 01:40 AM
hei,really a good news.....but that really support LW?????if yes,that is a plugin or stand alone rendering app????? then if that is a stand alone program,then izzit must export the 3ds or obj format from LW,that is a hell of a job to do that......:(

particle
10-25-2004, 02:49 AM
Hi,

As a physicist (yes that is my real day-time job) there are a few other things that you need to consider about this "physics-based" renderer. First, all your materials are going to have to be defined as a spectral signature, not just RGB. Also, you will need to define n and k values for all the materials (at all wavelengths) to properly calculate the light-material interaction. It sounds like a really good idea to have a physics based renderer... I use one at work... but if it is truely physics-based, there are a lot of inputs and a lot of waiting to get the results. I am interested in learn more about what this render engine really does. Maybe I will email them... maybe...

Ryan

FniNe
10-25-2004, 03:30 PM
To see more Maxwell examples...

http://www.keytoon.com/

Go to "Our Work" and then "Maxwell Beta Gallery". These guys are Maxwell betatesters, and those renders are made using Max and Maxwell as a Max plugin.

j.

richcz3
10-25-2004, 03:57 PM
FniNe

What kind of render times do you experience using the images on your page as an example?
What king of hardware do you run it on?
Is the UI intuitive and easy to use?

I ask those questions because the complex capabilities of the program sound potebntialy steep in both learning curve and hardware.

richcz3

Nemoid
10-25-2004, 05:11 PM
Seems to be a really good engine.

Does it supports subpixel displacement and normal maps ?

Also we would like to know more about rendering tiimes related to machines specs

Future Lw support is obviously interesting too, hoping that SDK will finally be opened. :)

FniNe
10-25-2004, 05:50 PM
FniNe

What kind of render times do you experience using the images on your page as an example?
What king of hardware do you run it on?
Is the UI intuitive and easy to use?

I ask those questions because the complex capabilities of the program sound potebntialy steep in both learning curve and hardware.

richcz3 Hey richcz3,

When you say "your page", what page do you mean? The URL I gave before (www.keytoon.com (http://www.keytoon.com)) is not mine. It's from an animation studio in Spain. They are Maxwell betatesters (as far as I know). I've never used Maxwell.

j.

Sil3
10-25-2004, 07:29 PM
One thing that bothers me, why do ALL software developers do great promotions on products that almost nobody knows or dont have demos to test??

Why doesnt a demo come before so people can REALLY try the software and then decide if they want to take part of the promotion or not?

Seems like a : let the suckers buy it, if they dont like itīs their problem.

I invested money years ago on a software that was not finished (not saying that i regret it, i only regret not being abble to use it more on the places i worked), but i will not do it again, after all everything always look amazing on paper and like someone said, anyone knows exactly when it will be available for LW?

One thing is buying it for $395 and get part of the beta testing, another is paying and not knowing when it will be available or if it really suits us.

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.