PDA

View Full Version : WinXP System Restore, need a quick answer!

Renderman_XSI
10-24-2004, 03:20 AM
OK, today i got abit curious and installed some software. After installing it, my Windows Media player and good number of other software doesnt work anymore. But the good news is the installer created a "restore point" before it installed the software.

1. How can i confirm that a restore point is create for today, before the install..(check the system restore, it seems 23 is in bold)?

2. Do i really have to wait until tomorrow(24 hours) to restore it? Sorry the last restore point was last month, so i cant used that..i'll lost many software that i bought online.

JDex
10-24-2004, 03:28 AM
Lemme guess... Flyakite. :D I tried it and had a few problems that I managed to work out with some diligence and tweaking.

Well... if it was Flyakite, then the restore point was before any changes were made, so you should just be able to run the restore process and not have to wait until tomorrow.

If not Flyakite, then I don't know when the restore point was made during the process, and hopefully it will work for you.

To be frank, I have found System Restore to be unreliable in it's ability to actually restore the system, and therefore keep it turned off because it is a monster resource hogger. Good luck.

Renderman_XSI
10-24-2004, 04:14 AM
Lemme guess... Flyakite. :D I tried it and had a few problems that I managed to work out with some diligence and tweaking.

Well... if it was Flyakite, then the restore point was before any changes were made, so you should just be able to run the restore process and not have to wait until tomorrow.

If not Flyakite, then I don't know when the restore point was made during the process, and hopefully it will work for you.

To be frank, I have found System Restore to be unreliable in it's ability to actually restore the system, and therefore keep it turned off because it is a monster resource hogger. Good luck.
indeed it was Flyakite, damn my curiousity for OSX gui!!. Well i dont know what to say, because im looking at my system restore window, and the 23 of today is in bold(that should mean it has a restore point) , yet in the description it says:

"There are no restore points created yet for this day. To restore immediately,pick another day and restore point and then try again"

any thoughts? well i guess i'll find out in 4 hours which is tomorrow(assuming system restore goes by clock time )

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.