PDA

View Full Version : wacom question

visionist
10-24-2004, 02:25 AM
soo I was playin with a wacom at school and fell in love, I was looking at amazon and was thinging about getting the intuos3 9x12 but for 46bucks more i can get the intuos2 12x12. I was wondering if there was a major difference between intuos2 and intuos3 because all the site i read its the same exact description for both soo i feel like i should just go for the 12x12(like they say bigger is better;) )

barto9
10-25-2004, 06:15 PM
i think there are a couple new features to the intuos 3 which im sure you can find on wacoms site. but when it comes to tablets, bigger is not necessarily better. many people use a 6x8; its all about your preference.

voodoofactory
10-25-2004, 06:58 PM
The whole intuos series rock, so it's a good buy, no matter which you get. Just one question? What kind of student are you?!! We're talking $500,- here! What student has that?

*Just envy ;)

Goon
10-25-2004, 07:00 PM
They've got buttons! OMG I want one. Seriously, I use a Wacom 1 and I can't help thinking about how nice it would be to have ctrl, alt, and shift right on the tablet.

And if that isn't enough, supposedly the feel is much nicer and more natural+it comes with a couple extra nibs for different feels.

Plus the dpi resolution is higher.

So obviously, I'd go with the wacom 3, but if you like to draw in huge strokes, and don't really care about the buttons, then you'll probably prefer the larger wacom 2.

L.Rawlins
10-25-2004, 07:20 PM
Anything less than A4 I believe does not map directly to your monitor scale.

However I would be interested in knowing myself, how this is overcome for dual monitor set-ups? Increased sensitivity to span both monitors in one motion? Or two seperate motions that map to each individual screen?

Thanks.

Oh. And you should really check out EBAY! :thumbsup:

Lyr
10-25-2004, 07:23 PM
I've got an intous3 9x12 and love it. I upgraded from an intous 1 6x8 and the difference is huge. I would definately take the extra features of the intous 3 over the larger intous 2 size.

visionist
10-25-2004, 09:18 PM
Thanks every one for your reply I think I will go for the intuos3 9x12 then. Amazon has some good deals on wacom soo I most likely buy it from there i m kinda scared of ebay, i sell stuff on ebay but i dont sell. I guess i trust myself more than the people on ebay.
Thanks again everyone

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.