PDA

View Full Version : Warning: FPrime and Windows Pagefiles

ColinCohen
10-23-2004, 07:06 PM
I'm posting this just in case someone else experiences a similar problem.

This morning, FPrime consistently frooze on me when clicking Refresh in a large scene I'm working on. The strange thing is that it was working fine a few days ago.

I tried restarting LW and rebooting, but nothing worked until I recreated my pagefile.

annaleah
10-23-2004, 07:48 PM
Try "SafeXP" if you are running XP and it has an option to clear page file at shut down but it takes some time to reboot.

I use it to keep the page file open.

LittleFenris
10-23-2004, 09:42 PM
What is the pagefile and how would I go about recreating it or stopping this from happening on my system? (WinXP SP2)

Panikos
10-23-2004, 10:03 PM
FPrime froze on me some seldom times.
Restarting was fine.

In a special case, FPrime didnt work when I tried to morph a 60K points object to a target.
It took so long to start that I lost my patience, I never let it continue.

I am using Win2K with 1Gb ram and 1Gb of pagefile.

ColinCohen
10-23-2004, 10:43 PM
In a special case, FPrime didnt work when I tried to morph a 60K points object to a target.
It took so long to start that I lost my patience, I never let it continue.

You may want to have a look at this thread:

http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=179590

In regards to recreating the pagefile, you only want to do this if you are having problems. If you are not familar with working with pagefiles, I would suggest using Safe XP or something similar.

Panikos
10-23-2004, 10:56 PM
Colin, thanks for the URL.
Unfortunately only LW75d here so I dont have the LW8 features.
I am familiar with MDD baking and MD_MetaPlug_Morph however I had something else in mind.
Anyway, I managed to solve this prob.

Hopefully the upcoming FPrime (and who knows LW8.*) combo will be more effective.

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.