PDA

View Full Version : Roller coaster help

krazed
10-23-2004, 06:21 AM
Hi, could someone explain to me how they would go about creating the roller coaster simulation using reactor. I have done quite a bit of experimentation by using splines as the track and converting them to editable poly, however im not getting great results and it is a long process of trial and error. If anyone could please give me advise on how they plan on doing it. I knwo this is a competition, but I am not looking to actually compete because of my lack of skills, I am only looking for some learning experience.

ArYeS
10-23-2004, 11:02 AM
I'm trying to do something with reactor too.
I created spine and shape (3 circles), soo i loft this and I have basic roller coaster.
I created a car with wheels, I applyed car toy reactor to it, i checked wheel spining.
It's working, but very bad, car is not moving fast like it should. I tryed diferent mases, but is not working :(

krazed
10-23-2004, 02:57 PM
I think I sorted out the reactor problems. Played with the suspension settins, as well as checking that everything had weight...I would like to post an animation but i dont know where I can host it.

ArYeS
10-23-2004, 05:32 PM
try imageshack.com

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.