PDA

View Full Version : modify duplicated layers

Antonio79
10-23-2004, 05:50 AM
Hello! I made an A4 page containing 10 business card, I can esaily print them and everything is ok. My question is, if I want to change my business card, is there a way so that all the other 9 in the page will change as well? or do I have to change one and then copy my layer 9 times like I already did? thank you!

halo
10-23-2004, 11:30 AM
within the normal constraints of the program, no...however there may be a way to script your way around it.

dwin
10-23-2004, 02:01 PM
Can you explain more what you mean with "change"? If you want to transform (scale, rotate, etc) all the 9 layers in the same time you can use the link button near the eye in the layer pallete. Click in the 9 layers, when you transform it, it'll change for 9 layers.

Elysian
10-23-2004, 06:11 PM
My question is, if I want to change my business card, is there a way so that all the other 9 in the page will change as well?No, impossible, but why would you like to do that? It would be a rather unusual way to print business cards. Why design 9 cards at the same time (even when they would update automatically) when you only need one????

Throw the file in a program like Word, Publisher, Pagemaker, Indesign or whatever and print it from there.

Antonio79
10-23-2004, 10:58 PM
Ok thank you anyway! no I prefer doing it in photoshop because I am more able to manage the size and measurement to let the cards fit in the papers that are done for business cards. Thank you again

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.