PDA

View Full Version : LScript file parsing?

hypercube
10-23-2004, 03:05 AM
Ok, stupid LScript question..can lscripts do things like load and read text files? I'd swear I remember some that do, but wanted to check.

I've done F-A with LScript to date, but am looking into it because I need to render about 500 title cards for an ID package and would love to automate at least part of the process somehow, ie read a list of titles, generate text, extrude, bevel, save..they then all need to be plugged into an existing setup scene, but I figure at the very least since I have to do some scene stuff manually (output path etc.) I can do the object-replace manually too..would just like to leave all the RSI to Layout if possible..heh.

I'm up and RTFMing but I figured if anyone had experience doing this sort of thing it would be worth asking, if there are any known issues, or if it's even doable.

NanoGator
10-23-2004, 08:49 AM
Yes, you can. Sadly I don't have an example on me. However, if you go to Newtek's Vbulletin site, then search their Lscript forums for writeln, I think you'll find what you need. :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.