PDA

View Full Version : Video Drivers for Powerbook G4 ( with nvidia geforce fx 5200 card )?

ambient-whisper
10-23-2004, 02:09 AM
hey. is there somewhere that i can get new drivers for nvidia cards for a powerbook?
i tried clay and wings on it and its rather problematic. things like navigating is jumpy at times ( in wings) , then theres the wireframes that dissapear at times, then theres the problematic selections in clay... etc

so if anyone has a link where i could download some good drivers for this powerbook it would be appreciated.

oh and im running osx 10.3.5

JDex
10-23-2004, 02:37 AM
I always thought that one of the "PROs" to using Macs is that you never need to worry about drivers. Wierd.

I know there have been alot of LW users having problems with some OpenGL issue on the latest Mac OS Release, so that may be the issue you are facing. As of now I believe there is no workaround.

Vertizor
10-23-2004, 05:01 AM
Sure you have to deal with drivers! Ahem, wacom tablets require drivers or else they won't recognize the pressure sensitivity features. And for a long while with OSX, there were some missing driver support for various cameras/scanners/printers etc. peripherals. Apple just bundles a bunch of drivers with OSX so users don't have to worry about the more common components.

Video drivers on the other hand, if you're using the stock video card that came with your Mac (in this case it's obvious because you have a PowerBook) you have to wait for Apple to release updates and get it thru Software Update. I heard that there's one more update for Panther coming up, and as always there are updates to OpenGL, which will hopefully fix OGL issues we see/hear about from various 3D programs.

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.