PDA

View Full Version : where are my menus?

jackb602
10-22-2004, 06:55 AM
This is an embarrassingly basic question, but I hope someone can help. I was just messing around with the Windows menu in Cinema, and I came across an option that I think was called User Menus. I selected User Menu 1, and now all my menus are gone except File, which only lets me quit!

I'm hoping there's a simple solution to this, but what did I do here? I'd rather not reinstall Cinema and all my plugins.

thanks,
Jack

dfaris
10-22-2004, 07:02 AM
This is an embarrassingly basic question, but I hope someone can help. I was just messing around with the Windows menu in Cinema, and I came across an option that I think was called User Menus. I selected User Menu 1, and now all my menus are gone except File, which only lets me quit!

I'm hoping there's a simple solution to this, but what did I do here? I'd rather not reinstall Cinema and all my plugins.

thanks,
JackClick the top most icon on the left hand tool bar of c4d. It should be default menu or something. Then click c4d menu in there.

Per-Anders
10-22-2004, 07:05 AM
well provided you didn't change your icons/palettes too much you should be bale to quickly retrieve the old menu by simply choosing from the left hand icon palette the top most icon ("Default Layout") looks like a mini set of grey squares which i guess is meant ot represent the c4d layout. when you click that a menu will appear and at the bottom of that you can choose the menus and you want to pick "Cinema 4D menu".

if you have changed your layout then right click on any palette and choose edit palettes and add in the default layout button.

moka.studio
10-22-2004, 07:58 AM
Right click on any palette, choose Edit Palette from the popup menu. find the Default Layout command, and drag and drop it on a palette. Close the Commands menu. Click on the Default Layout Command, choose Cinema4d Menu. Btw, you can customize the users menu bu using the Menu Manager.

In the worst case scenario, you can always go to the prefs folder under the Cinema4d App folder, and delete the temlpate.l4d file ( or better yet rename it so you have it saved). This is the default layout. C4d will the n restart with teh factory default ( there is also an option to do this under the Prefs menu in C4d, but obviously if you choose the default User1, tehn there is no Prefs menu anymore...)

jp

jackb602
10-22-2004, 08:21 PM
Thanks for all the replies! The Layout tool did the trick.

Jack

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.