PDA

View Full Version : demo reel censored

kujo79
10-22-2004, 02:50 AM
hey everyone,
Remember last time i posted a thread talking about offensive language? well I worked on my reel and wanted to know if you guys still found it a offensive..thanks for the feedback

Joe

http://www.farispublishers.com/joe/joereel_300k.mov

joe_morgan
10-22-2004, 03:51 AM
I didn't find it offensive. I found the odd noises to actually be distracting. I don't think I would have found the curses offesnsive. I probably would have like it more if they were left in. But hey, I don't do the hiring.

kujo79
10-22-2004, 08:30 AM
hey joe,

thanks for the feedback. When I first made the short, i had beeps on all the words...but set up so that u hear the first and last letter, so u can more or less tell what the character was saying...but there was a beep. Some studios that I applied to told me some of their staff got offended, I didnt quiet agree with their strictness but then again we gotta please as many as we can right? so this version is what happened after i got that feedback.

blotov
10-22-2004, 10:38 AM
no i think its cooler than ever

Brötje
10-22-2004, 02:14 PM
Man, that was one of the funniest demoreels I ever saw!! GREAT!!

I really like the short, and no, it wasn't offensive to me at all. But the background noises were indeed a little distracting... But great reel none the less!

CHEERS!

kujo79
10-22-2004, 06:59 PM
Man, that was one of the funniest demoreels I ever saw!! GREAT!!

I really like the short, and no, it wasn't offensive to me at all. But the background noises were indeed a little distracting... But great reel none the less!

CHEERS!
thank you for the very kind words. I know it distracts a little bit, ive checked it out a couple of times after the first time someone made the comment. but i guess its better to concentrate on the sound then what the word behind the sound is. thanks again

mcliett
10-25-2004, 08:25 PM
That was great...very funny stuff. I agree that you should keep the bleeps in..I personally would not have found them offensive, but you never know who is gioing to be looking at it. You are a good character animator so good luck with that!

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.