PDA

View Full Version : RDRAM vs. DDRAM systems

allawy
08-19-2002, 04:23 PM
Hi;

I guess this question is good for all of those who want to upgrade like me, I want to buy a new system, now, I have been offered some systems, my main foucs was I want 512 MB of Ram (the same amount I have now but SDRAM), now I know some people will say that DDRAM speed is 266 while RDRAM is 400, but I have been told that DDRAM perfom better, well this is a shock, since I'm going to pay more for RDRAM (Ram + MotherBoard), my question is, which should I go with according to your experience! not just hearing from here or there. I'm so confused and upgrading my system will leave my pocket empty for a while, but I have to, so which is better? I guess you know by now that I want to upgrade to work with XSI :)

Money is not an issue, well, it is, but I will pay this extra amount to get a good system.

allawy
08-19-2002, 10:00 PM
I'm sorry guys I did not notice that there is a special forum for rhese issues.

Regards.

zen
08-21-2002, 11:43 PM
Rambus ram is a big joke that never shouldve happened. intel is actually the only company that adopted the standard, and why they did will probably remain a mystery for some time. And intel will be dropping the technology in the near future in favor of DDR400. I suggest to anyone to work with ddr. its cheap, fast, and available. If your trip is collecting rare technological anomolies that nobody will remember in 5 years, then buy a stick of rambus.
BTW, rambus is very expensive due to its low production and also because of the massive heat sink on the mem chips.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.