PDA

View Full Version : Quick Crits on a W.I.P hand

lildragon
12-13-2001, 06:49 PM
First of all I can't wait to show you guys this new character ;)

I'm almost done my second character from Beyond, namely Gifty, if you don't remember him here ya go :)

http://www.eyecandystudios.net/Beyond/images/sketch_gifty_big.jpg

the hand is still very much W.I.P so bare in mind I know about the knuckles and such,

what I would like is just a general feedback on the look so far and whether I should add nails or claws.... what do bunnies have anyhoo? man I need to visit a pet store :p

here ya go

http://www.eyecandystudios.net/renders/test_hand.jpg
oh and also, does anyone know of any bunnies that kinda resemble mine on the web? I need some more references if possible

Duhreetoh
12-13-2001, 06:58 PM
Nice...but if he was supposed to be cartoony it probably wouldn't be so bumpy and detailed.
Heh, never heard of "too detailed"...

lildragon
12-13-2001, 07:02 PM
good call and true heheh :D

btw can someone enlighten me on what a Padawan is :)

Equinoxx
12-13-2001, 07:05 PM
MADNESS hehe.
Looking excellent mate.
And for reference he reminds me of a blye pink bunny from way back in the days. But i can't seem to remember what it's from. when I do, i'll let ya know.

lildragon
12-13-2001, 07:07 PM
awesome Equinoxx and thanx, well I'm off now, so I'll be back l8r to check, keep me posted on your model also
;)

Chris
12-13-2001, 07:10 PM
Nice character design lildragon!

I think Padewan is from StarWars Ep 1 - it kinda means Apprentice (I think) kewl, maybe one day we can all be Jedi?

Taoizm
12-13-2001, 07:17 PM
bunnies have claws, but that might make your character a tad bit too evil. :)

Cryptkeeper
12-13-2001, 07:22 PM
the hands look great, but there is a problem with the thumb joint, Its pushed too far up, if you moved it back a bit, then streched the back of the thumb join back some more (to widen the joint) I think it would look a little better, Just my 2 cents.

cerreto
12-13-2001, 07:38 PM
hey lil dragon i think it looks great !

AJ
12-13-2001, 08:33 PM
Reminds of of Jazz Jack Rabbit crossed with Captain Bucky O' Hare :D

Hand looks sweet as at the mo! Love those quads :)

Equinoxx
12-13-2001, 08:35 PM
ah yes captain bucky o hare, that's def a piece of him in there :D
Still haven't figured out the one i was thinking of, but jazz jack rabbit & captain bucky o hare should provide excellent reference material.

Taoizm
12-13-2001, 08:43 PM
maybe a little Usagiyo Jimbo

http://www.usagiyojimbo.com/wallpaper/usagibackground.gif

Rabid pitbull
12-13-2001, 09:00 PM
first of all rabbits do have claws(havent you ever seen a "lucky" rabbits foot??), but not exactly velociraptor claws, more like a small dog with close trim.

I am a bit confused about this character though. His face is all cute and cudly, but it doesn't match his body... is the final result going to be more uncartoony... what is a better word...:(

Great sketch, but i think you need to go one way or the other with it.As far as the modeling goes the hand looks nice to me, maybe too dense though. Is it really necessary to be so dense?? May slow you down later.;)

Ok besides all my crits it is a cool idea... what is the story of this bunny anyhow?

lildragon
12-14-2001, 09:40 AM
you guys are awesome :)

Taoizm: thanx for the awesome references

Cryptkeeper: thanx for the indepth crit, I think I got them in there now

Equinoxx: good ole Bucky O hare can't believe I forgot him :-p

AJ_23 and cerreto: heheh thanx ;)

Rabid pitbull: yeh I know but that's what I wanted a mix in styles ;), you have to grant me one thing tho, there'e not many more bunnies like this out there :)

Thanx much guys, I should have the completed model for you to view by tomorrow...

thanx again

regards

chrom
12-14-2001, 10:49 AM
aaa yeah
cool sketch and good model
but use less polys, because while you finish it they will become too much to work with

wait for the final version

cheers
.chrom

Chewey
12-14-2001, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by chrom
aaa yeah
cool sketch and good model
but use less polys, because while you finish it they will become too much to work with

wait for the final version

cheers
.chrom

I'd agree with the comment on fewer polys for the hand. It's a bit poly heavy. Aren't you using the Max subd's?(or whatever they call it in max) The control cage for a subd hand cage can be fairly primitive in structure.

lildragon
12-14-2001, 04:20 PM
to the last two comments, the bottom right pic, is after I iterations/ smooth / level / sub Division :) the control cage is far less intense, I think for animation I'll be using the one posted and for high res pics and such, I'll bump it up a notch....

thanx for the crits, getting the final piece ready b4 I show you all the full model...

regards

Chewey
12-14-2001, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by lildragon
to the last two comments, the bottom right pic, is after I iterations/ smooth / level / sub Division :) the control cage is far less intense, I think for animation I'll be using the one posted and for high res pics and such, I'll bump it up a notch....

thanx for the crits, getting the final piece ready b4 I show you all the full model...

regards

Post a shot of the cage geometry for the hand/paw.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 01:26 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.