PDA

View Full Version : RenderMan for Lightwave - Help the newbie!

Siladar
10-21-2004, 03:44 PM
Anyone have any experience with this? I've got Lightwave 7.5, and I'm not going to 8 until i get better with what I've got.

I've seen a couple of plug-in and was wondering if anyone could suggest the option. I'm looking to play with RenderMana bit to get a bit of experience with it.

Also, a question. I'm in Layout and setup a 30 second scene at 30 frames per second. When I use those pluging are they going to generate 1 Big hug RUB file? Or should I get 1 RIB file for each frame? Logically I'm thinking option 2, but who listens to logic?

If it generates a slew, 900 in fact, of TIFF images how can I combine those tiff images into an AVI or MOV file? What's the best tool to do this?

Thanks for your assistance to the newb!
Sil

Stonefist
10-21-2004, 03:59 PM
I can only answer your last Question as Im still a Newb Myself....

1. Open layout, go to image editor and load your Tiff's as a sequence

2.Open your background Properties, and load the Tiff Images from Image editor

3. Go to your render Options and set It to save as AVI or Quicktime also set your save Directory here.

4. Set # of frames to 900 or whatever your Tiff's are in your Timeline.

5. Do the same in yor render Options for Start and End frame.

Hit F10. Wala Go check where you saved Out the File and there You Go.

Of course you could also do It in Post, But this is the way That I beleive it to be done In LW.

Any Vets or more experienced wavers Out there Correct me where Im wrong.

Hope this Helps.

brutal
10-22-2004, 04:50 PM
try Light-R ( it's free lscript ) :
http://www.garagepost.tv/renderman.htm

or this one :
Lightman (http://www.td-grafik.de/softw/lightman.php?lang=en)

MadMax
10-22-2004, 06:26 PM
Personally I just save as individual images.

Any editing or Compositing program will load sequences of image files no problem, and then you can save it as anything you want.

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.